New CP 343-1 Advanced Released for Delivery
The new SIMATIC NET CP 343-1 Advanced (order no. 6GK7343-1GX30-0XE0) is herewith released for immediate delivery. The CP 343-1 Advanced is available with hardware release 2 and firmware version V1.0.
The new CP 343-1 Advanced (order no. 6GK7343-1GX30-0XE0) is the follow-up module for the current CP 343-1 Advanced (order no. 6GK7343-1GX21-0XE0).
1. Product description
The new CP 343-1 Advanced (order no. 6GK7343-1GX30-0XE0) offers the following new functions compared to ist predecessor:
- Two Ethernet interfaces with a total of three RJ 45 ports
- Integral Gigabit interface to Gigabit standard IEEE 802.3ab. It is independent of the PROFINET interface and supports Autocrossing, Autonegotiation and Autosensing.
- Network separation on one module due to an additional Gigabit interface
- Static IP routing between the Gigabit and the PROFINET interface
- PROFINET interface with integral 2-port IRT switch (ERTEC)
- Higher system availability due to media redundancy in the case of ring topology by means of Media Redundancy Protocol (MRP) acc. to IEC 61158 Type 10 "PROFINET" standard
- Expansion of the IP access list (routing access and controller access can be configured separately)
- E-mail with authentication
- New function block for FTP connection with additional functions
PROFINET IO Controller and PROFINET IO Device with support of:
- RT and IRT realtime feature
- Enhanced PROFINET IO diagnosis
- Larger quantity frameworks
- Read/write of PROFINET data records by means of FB 52
- Alarm evaluation in the user program using FB 54
The CP 343-1 Advanced (order no. 6GK7 343-1GX30-0XE0) is spare part compatible with the CP 343-1 Advanced (order no. 6GK7 343-1GX21-0XE0).
2. Ordering data
CP 343-1 Advanced
The CP 343-1 Advanced is the communication module to connect SIMATIC S7-300 PLCs and SINUMERIK 840D powerline to Industrial Ethernet. With its own microprocessor the CP unloads the CPU from communication tasks and permits additional connections.
The CP 343-1 Advanced provides communication options of the S7-300 PLC with:
• Host computers
• Operator input and control devices
• SIMATIC S5/S7/C7 systems
• PROFINET IO devices and IO controllers
• PROFINET CBA components
PROFINET CBA enables the creation of re-usable technological modules.
• Ideally suited for use in networks with line structure due to integral 2-port switch
• Cost advantage due to two separate interfaces with network separation
• High system availability due to support of Media Redundancy (MRP)
• Investment protection for existing systems with the integration of SIMATIC S5 PLCs by means of open communication (previously called S5-compatible communication)
• Optimal maintenance support with
- Web-based diagnosis
- Remote programming via the telephone network (e.g. ISDN) using the WAN feature of TCP/IP
- Monitoring with IT network management tools (SNMP)
- Module replacement without PG using the C-PLUG replacement medium (storage also of the file system for IT functions)
• Cost-effective access to process information with standard Web-browser; software costs on the client side thus fall away
• Transmission of event-controlled messages via IT communication paths with e-mail (incl. authentification)
• Simple and quick data exchange of SIMATIC S7-300 PLCs with field devices via Industrial Ethernet if used as PROFINET IO controller or PROFINET IO device, with RT and IRT realtime features
• Reduction of time and expenses in the design of modular machines and plant with PROFINET CBA
• Easy universal coupling of the PLC to diferent computers via FTP.
For more information on the current CP 343-1 Advanced (order no. 6GK7343-1GX30-0XE0) please see:
User manual, general section
User manual, device-specific section
Programming manual, functions (FC) and function blocks (FB) for SIMATIC NET S7 CPs
Programming help, S7Beans / Applets for Advanced CPs
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry