New SM336 6F-AI HART Module Released for Delivery
The new 6F-AI 0/4...20mA HART module offers many new features. In addition to its width of only 40mm and single-channel supply (Vs), it now also permits connection of sensors with 0 to 20mA measuring range. Another highlight of the new 6F-AI module is its support of HART communication and diagnostics for the connected sensors.
A completely new SM 336 F-AI 6 module is now available for ET200M and for mounting behind a S7-300F CPU. This module offers a host of new features: In addition to a smaller width of only 40mm and single-channel supply (Vs), it now permits connection of sensors with 0 to 20mA measuring range. Another highlight of the new 6F-AI module is its support of HART communication and diagnostics in the case of distributed configurations. HART is also supported in the case of module redundancy and single sensor. The module permits centralized parameterization and diagnosis of HART sensors by means of SIMATIC PDM, for instance. HART communication can safely be enabled or disabled online.
Overview of the features:
- 6 Analog inputs with isolation between channels and backplane bus
- Input ranges:
0 to 20 mA
4 to 20 mA
- Short-circuit proof current supply of 2 or 4-wire measuring transducers via the module
- External encoder supply available
- Group error indication (SF)
- Indication of failsafe operation (SAFE)
- Indication of channel-specific faults (Fn)
- Indication of HART status (Hn)
- Parameterizable diagnosis
- Parameterizable diagnostic alarm
- Suitable for failsafe operation
- HART communication
- Firmware update via HW Config
- Identification data
The module can be connected via a 20-pole front connector
order no.: 6ES7 392-1xJ00-0AA0
where x stands for:
A = screw terminals
B = spring-loaded terminals
C = FastConnect terminals
It can be mounted on the BM 2x40mm backplane bus module (order no. 6ES7 195-7HB00-0XA0).
To be able to configure the new module you require the F configuration tool V5.5 + SP4 or higher. You can download this tool under entry ID !15208817!.
To be able to configure HART devices on the new module by means of PDM, you require the EDD for ET 200M with version V1.1.9 or higher. You can download the EDD under entry ID !28574883!.
To be able to configure and parameterize failsafe signal modules, one of the following option packages must be installed under STEP 7:
- S7 Distributed Safety
- S7 F/FH Systems
The following is required for the SM 336, F-AI 6 x 0/4 ... 20 mA HART module:
- F Configuration Pack , V5.5 + SP 4 or higher
To parameterize HART devices:
- SIMATIC PDM V6.0 SP3 or higher, plus SIMATIC PDM Devices V6.0 SP5
- EDD for ET 200M V1.1.9 or higher
If used together with S7 F Systems:
- S7 F Systems V6.0 with S7 F Systems Lib V1_3 or Lib V1_2 (*)
- STEP 7 V5.4 SP 3 + HF3 or higher plus CFC V6.0 SP2 HF3 or higher
- PCS 7 V7.0 SP1 or higher – please read entry ID 29000518.
(*) Lib V1_2 supports the measuring range 4...20mA without HART
If used together with S7 Distributed Safety
- STEP 7 , V 5.4 SP 3 + HF3 or higher
SM 336, F-AI 6, HART