Which GSDML files are there for SIMATIC HMI operator panels with PROFINET IO?
If you have installed WinCC flexible and the STEP 7 Manager on your configuration computer, then the GSDML files of the operator panels that can be configured are already installed on the configuration computer.
Information about GSDML files
Assigning and using the GSDML files
The GSDML files for SIMATIC operator panels are required for configuring PROFINET IO direct keys. This function is supported by WinCC flexible 2005 SP1 and higher.
After installing WinCC flexible and the STEP 7 Manager, the following GSDML files for PROFINET IO are included in the hardware catalog of the STEP 7 Manager. No additional installation is necessary.
|Operator panel||WinCC flexible version||GSD file|
|Mobile Panel 177
(older GSD file:
|Mobile Panel 277
The release version and the data of publication are also included in the name of the XML-based GSDML file. The release status depends on the installed version of WinCC flexible.
GSDML files for Outdoor Panels
The GSDML files for Outdoor Panels are in this entry: 109485134.
GSDML files for Push-Button Panels
The GSDML files for push-button panels are in the following entries:
- PP 17-I PN PROFIsafe: In the attachment of Entry ID 25023739.
- PP 17-II PN: Hardware Support Package 2021, V3.1: 37411455.
GSDML files for Key Panels
The GSDML files for Key Panels are in this entry:
- KP8 PN, KP8F PN and KP32F PN: In the attachment of Entry ID 50710644.
GSDML files for Mobile Panel 277F IWLAN
For the Mobile Panel 277F IWLAN the GSDML files are part of the Support Package in Entry ID 72341852.
GSDML files for Mobile Panels 2nd Generation
The GSDML files for Mobile Panels of the 2nd Generation are in Entry ID 73502293.
GSDML files for Comfort Panels
GSDML files for Comfort Panels are available in Entry ID 73502293.
GSDML files for the Advanced/Standard Connection Box
You can download the GSDML files for the Advanced/Standard connection box directly from the device using the web servers integrated in the box. Proceed as follows for this.
- Establish a connection to the web server of the connection box and log onto the device.
- In the menu tree you go to "Box advanced/standard -> System -> Save & Load HTTP"
- Click the "Save GSDML" button and save the ZIP archive in a storage location of your choice. Unpack the archive there.
- In the SIMATIC Manager you go to the hardware configuration of your project and from the main menu you select the item "Options -> Install GSD File..."
- In the dialog that opens, under "Install GSD Files:" you select the "from the directory" item from the drop-down list box. Click the "Browse..." button and navigate to the directory containing the unpacked GSD files of the connection box.
- Mark the entry of the connection box and click the "Install" button. Follow the instructions of the program.
The connection box is then located in the hardware catalog under "PROFINET IO -> HMI -> SIMATIC HMI -> GSD -> Connection box advanced/standard":
GSD files for PROFIBUS DP
Information about the GSD files for PROFIBUS DP is available in Entry ID 29339779.
General Station Description files, General Station Description, Mobile Panels 2nd Generation