S7-PDIAG V5.3 SP3 Released for Delivery
S7-PDIAG is now available in the new version 5.3 SP3.
S7-PDIAG V5.3 SP3 has been released for the following operating systems:
MS Windows XP Professional, MS Windows Server 2003 (as workstation computer), MS Windows Vista 32-Bit Ultimate and Business
Customers with a valid Software Update Service agreement for S7-PDIAG will receive the update to S7-PDIAG V5.3SP3 automatically.
Delivery release for S7-PDIAG V5.3 SP3
1. Ordering information on S7-PDIAG V5.3 SP3
2. New features compared to the predecessor version
3. System prerequisites
4. S7-PDIAG Product description
4.1 Summary of process diagnosis in plant
4.2 Configuration of S7-PDIAG process diagnosis
4.3 Interaction with SIMATIC HMI
4.4 SIMATIC S7-GRAPH and S7-HiGraph
5. Information on ProAgent
SIMATIC S7, S7-PDIAG V5.3 incl. SP3 UPGRADE
SIMATIC S7, S7-PDIAG V5.3
Customers who use S7-PDIAG V3.x, V4.x, V5.0 or V5.1 already, can purchase an upgrade. The precondition for installation of the upgrade package is a valid license for S7-PDIAG V3.x, V4.x, V5.0, V5.1 or V5.3.
S7-PDIAG V5.3 SP3 is supplied on a CD, the license key (Automation License Key) is supplied on a USB stick. S7-PDIAG V5.3 SP3 is multilingual (G, E, F, I, Sp).
The documentation for S7-PDIAG V5.3 SP3 is supplied as PDF file on the product CD. It is not available in printed form.
New in S7-PDIAG V5.3 SP3
- Enhanced search function
The search for S7-PDIAG error definitions with possibly uncomplete configuration has been enhanced for the following points:
- For error definitions which have not selected initial value recording.
- For error definitions defined in a global DB.
- For error definitions defined directly under the standard group.
In these cases the complete S7 program will be scrutinized.
New in S7-PDIAG V5.3 SP2
- Export and import of connection and abort operands
- Exclusion and abort operands from I/O/F areas and from global data blocks can be exported in XML format and re-imported again. Only those operands are taken into account that were configured in conjunction with S7-PDIAG; operands automatically generated by S7-GRAPH and S7-HiGraph remain unconsidered.
- Changed response when creating instances
- Until now, the monitoring and acknowledgement status bits were overwritten when the instances were created, even if they had been changed on the instance. Now, the operands will not be overwritten anymore if they have been changed on the instance. They have been included in the group of the monitoring logic.
- Support of Windows Vista 32-bit Ultimate and Business operating systems
New in S7-PDIAG V5.3 SP1
- Monitoring and acknowledgement status
- S7-PDIAG Error definitions were augmented by the attributes "Monitoring status" and "Acknowledgement status". Operands can be allocated to these attributes in the monitoring configuration. The status of monitoring and the status of acknowledgement are thus available in the user program. The operands are entered in the reference data.
- Extension of the dialog field "Search in - ..." and the associated processing dialogs
- The message attributes "Message class", "Acknowledgement group" and "Logging", as well as the monitoring and acknowledgement status were newly added to the dialog "Search in -..." and the associated processing dialogs.
- Search for S7-PDIAG error definitions with possibly incomplete configuration. These error definitions can be displayed, processed and deleted in the dialog field "Search in -...", together with the possible cause.
- The columns displayed in the dialog field "Search in -..." can be faded in or out via the context menu.
- Identification of the program in the S7-PDIAG units overview
- A symbol earmarkes that the S7-PDIAG monitoring blocks must be newly compiled.
- Changed generation response for the option "Overwrite Instances"
Since S7-PDIAG V5.3
- Changeover for S7-PDIAG to the new license types Floating License and Trial License. Licensing with the Automation License Manager.
- Inconsistency warning when loading modified blocks. The offline blocks in STEP7 are considered
(no automatic online / offline comparison).
- Support of foreign-language character sets as introduced with STEP7 V5.3 SP2.
- Changeover of S7-PDIAG to the STL compiler
Avoids previous restrictions when allocating names for FB variables
Reduces the block size of the monitoring blocks
Expands the permitted data types of the collateral values by CHAR, INT, DINT and REAL.
Supported operating systems
- MS Windows XP Professional
- MS Windows Server 2003 (as workstation)
- MS Windows Vista 32-bit Ultimate and Business
- STEP 7 V5.3 SP3 and higher
The purpose of process diagnostics is to evaluate process faults outside the automation system. Examples are
- Limit switch not reached
- Interlock not fulfilled
- Watchdog time elapsed
- Motion interrupted
- Identify fault – save process signals when the fault occurs
- Signal fault – message to SIMATIC HMI system and display cause of the fault (criteria analysis)
- Remove fault – by operating certain equipment in manual mode
- Continue with the process – resume production after a short standstill
S7-PDIAG provides powerful configuration options in LAD, FBD and STL programming languages for this purpose. When generating the program, the user can configure various types of monitoring for critical process signals in STEP 7. Generation of the associated monitoring logic and actual value detection (by function blocks) is done automatically by S7-PDIAG. In addition, S7-PDIAG enables the control of movements in manual operating mode via UDT interface (User Defined Type). A movement can thus be controlled directly from the SIMATIC HMI system. Similarly, an operating mode interface permits switching over directly on the SIMATIC HMI.
The software package SIMATIC ProAgent for OP/TP/MP/PC and WinCC rounds off process diagnosis with the following functions:
- Display of process faults (configured with S7-PDIAG)
- Determination of the cause of the fault
- Operating mode changeover
- Support with fault correction (control of manual movements)
S7-PDIAG and ProAgent thus:
- efficiently support troubleshooting and fault correction
- increase the availability of plant and machines
- help to reduce downtimes
SIMATIC Process diagnosis also includes the engineering tools S7-GRAPH and S7-HiGraph. S7-PDIAG is not required if the process diagnostics functions with S7-GRAPH or S7-HiGraph and ProAgent are used. 5. Information on ProAgent
The ProAgent optional software package was specially tailored for S7-PDIAG, S7-GRAPH and S7-HiGraph (only ProAgent/MP and ProAgent/PC) and supplements process diagnosis with the following features:
- ProAgent can be loaded with the configuration software ProTool, ProTool/Pro, WinCCflexible or WinCC
- Can be used for graphic HMI panels (as from 270/277 range) and WinCC
- Easy acces to process diagnostic data
- Uniform technological view on process diagnostics
- The following standard screenforms are available:
- easy to use message screen with softkeys and filter functions
- overview screen with technological view on the process
- detailed diagnostic screen for selective determination of the cause of the fault
- motion screen for fault correction support.
- operation of certain equipment in manual mode.
Please get in touch with your SIMATIC contact at your local Siemens Office if you have any further questions.