If you wish to exchange a line or graphics operator panel, which is connected to a SIMATIC S5 controller via a PROFIBUS DP link, for a Windows-based operator panel, this necessitates the program changes described below.
This example describes which settings need to be taken into consideration when exchanging an "OP25" for an "MP 277 Key". The S5 controller is an S5 115U / CPU 944A.
This also applies to the following line and graphics operator panels:
- TD10, TD20 and OP20 (PROFIBUS DP interface module and
firmware memory module.)
- OP5 and OP15: the OP5/A2, OP15/A2 or OP15/C2 versions of the operator panel.
- OP7: the OP7/DP or OP7/DP–12 versions of the operator panel.
- OP17: the OP17/DP or OP17/DP–12 versions of the operator panel.
- OP25/35, OP27/37 and TP27/37.
Make a backup copy of your configuration before making any changes to your project.
||Open your COM PROFIBUS configuration.
Take a note of the settings of the HMI station(s) - in particular the
I/O addresses, as well as the PROFIBUS address which has been used.
||Changing the operator panel and assigning addresses
- Once you have taken note of all the settings, delete the "old" HMI station (OP25).
- Then insert the "new" HMI station (MP277).
- Insert a module into the "new" HMI station, in this case "class B tiny".
- Enter the addresses of the "old" HMI station into the "new" HMI station.
Use the "Auto addressing" function to have the assignment of the I/O addresses added automatically.
This concludes the configuration changes on the COM PROFIBUS side.
The data now still has to be transferred to the IM module.
||Adding GSD files|
If the replacement operator panel is not listed in your COM PROFIBUS software, you can add the missing GSD file afterwards.
- The relevant GSD file is to be found in the installation directory*) of WinCC flexible, e.g. under "C:\Program Files\Siemens\SIMATIC WinCC flexible\WinCC flexible Support\PlcProg\GSD".
This is the "Siem813F.gsd" file for the MP 277. You can open the separate GSD files with a text editor, e.g. Notepad. The operator panels for which this GSD file is valid are listed in the header.
- Copy the GSD files to the COM PROFIBUS folder, for example: C:\Siemens\CPBV51\gsd\ ....
- Then open the COM PROFIBUS software.
The new GSD files are read in and updated in the "File > Read in GSD files" folder.
*) Alternatively you can download the GSD files for SIMATIC panels in Entry ID: 39329178 .
You need to make program changes on the S5 side.
Here is a summary of the essential differences.
Graphics operator panel:
FB58 -- Standard FB (TDOP:DP)
DB51 -- Interface DB (length 256DW)
DB52 -- Communication DB (DB-ZU, min. length 16DW)
Windows-based operator panel:
FB158 -- Protocol processing
FB159 -- Copies data to/from the memory
DB58 -- Free DB, main memory for FB158 (free DB with 11 data words in length. This DB can be used by the user from the eleventh data word.)
The following communication manuals contain detailed information about the structure of the FBs and DBs used:
- SIMATIC HMI Communication for Line and Graphics Systems - Entry ID 1137086
- SIMATIC WinCC flexible ES Communication Part 1 - Entry ID 18797552
||S5 program changes:|
If you replace a line or graphics operator panel with DP link with a Windows-based operator panel, the following blocks are no longer required.
The following blocks are required for communication with a Windows-based operator panel with DP link.
- DBxx (free DB with 11 data words in length. This DB can be used by the user from the eleventh data word.)
FB158 and FB159 are installed together with WinCC flexible.
You can find the S5 file in the installation directory of WinCC flexible, for example, at:
C:\...\Siemens\SIMATIC WinCC flexible\WinCC flexible Support\PlcProg\SimaticS5\DEU\ag...
Open the appropriate S5 program file (depending on which CPU you use) and copy the FB158 and FB159 blocks to your configuration.
Calling FB 158
FB 158 must be called in the cyclic program, e.g. OB 1, with the following parameters:
- PERA: I/O start address, must match the configuration in the COM PROFIBUS.
- BLEN: Block length - not in AG (PLC) 95U (only supports tiny)
- CADB: free DB, serves as a main memory for FB 158. The first 11 words of the DB are used by FB 158 to save data temporarily. This DB can be used by the user from the eleventh data word.
The block length must match the configuration in WinCC flexible (Controller > Parameters).
0=tiny has been selected as the block length in our example (see Fig. 02).
Sample call for FB 158:
:SPA FB 158
PERA :KF 128
BLEN :KF 0
CADB :DB 58
Multiple FB 158 calls:
When using multiple operator panels, the FB must be called for each operator panel once.
Calling FB 159:
FB 159 is only transferred to the PLC.
FB 159 may not be called by the user in the actual S5 program.
This concludes the changes which are required for communication.
||Configuring WinCC flexible:|
When using WinCC flexible, you can convert "text devices" and "graphics devices" into a Windows-based system.
You can convert provided the project does not exceed the system limits for the Windows-based operator panel.
Detailed information on the topic of "Migration" is available in the Online Help of WinCC flexible under "Help > Contents > Getting Started > Migration".
Refer to the following table to find out which operator panel you should prefer with a view towards achieving an optimum result for the conversion.
||Converting OP25 --> MP277
- Before converting the project, open "OP25 Project" under ProTool and change the protocol from "SIMATIC S5 L2-DP" to "SIMATIC S5 - AS511". Close the project and terminate ProTool.
- Open WinCC flexible and select the option "Open ProTool Project".
- Select the ProTool project to be converted and click on the "Open" button. The Migration Wizard starts.
- In the course of the migration you enter the target device to which the ProTool project is to be migrated.
See Fig. 07 for which panel you should choose. You can also use a different operator panel.
- After converting the project, go to "Communication > Connections" and change the communication driver from "SIMATIC S5 - AS511" to "SIMATIC S5 - DP".
- Then check the settings under "Parameters".
The settings must match the settings saved in the COM PROFIBUS configuration.
A few points are summarized below which you should perform or check before and after converting a project.
The "Interface area" pointer is divided into three area pointers in Windows-based systems: ""Coordination", "Job mailbox" and "Date/time".
This split serves to simplify data exchange between the operator panel and the controller. Following conversion you have to insert the new area pointers into the target project and set up the source project accordingly.
The transfer of S5 time values (timer data type) to the controller is implemented in the operator panels via various time bases.
- Line / graphics operator panels: S5 time has a time base of seconds.
- Windows-based operator panels: S5 time has a time base of milliseconds.
When a line/graphics operator panel is converted into a Windows-based operator panel with integrated timer variables, the time bases for the timer variables change from 1s in the case of a line/graphics operator panel to 10 ms in the case of a Windows-based operator panel.
The entry of 1 s for a graphics operator panel corresponds to 10 ms for a Windows-based operator panel.
In order to create a time base of 1 s for a Windows-based operator panel as well, a conversion with a factor of 100 has to be set up for all timer variables.
RMOS operator panel, Panel