Compatibility of WinAC RTX on PCs with Single-Core Microprocessors
To be able to operate WinAC RTX 2005 or 2008 on Single-Core microprocessors without Hyperthreading or with Hyperthreading switched off, you require a "ACPI Uniprocessor" HAL to be able to completely install WinAC RTX.
If you wish to install WinAC RTX on a Single-Core microprocessor with installed Multiprocessor HAL and running without Hyperthreading or with Hyperthreading switched off , WinAC RTX will abort installation with the error message "Unable to install RTX ... Runtime on this system ...". In this case you must first install a suitable "ACPI Uniprocessor PC" HAL before you can install WinAC RTX.
An FAQ is available for the current SIMATIC PCs
- SIMATIC Box PC
- SIMATIC RACK PC
- SIMATIC Panel PC:
under "Why does the installation of WinAC RTX 2005 (SP1) RTX 6.5.1 abort?" with hints on how to correct the problem:
The description provided here for WinAC RTX 2005 is correspondingly valid for WinAC RTX 2008 with Ardence RTX V8.1.
For other PCs please proceed as follows:
- Please check whether the "ACPI Uniprocessor" HAL is available on your PC. You will find the installed HAL type in the Windows Device Manager under "Computer".
- Contact your PC manufacturer whether he can supply a matching ACPI Uniprocessor HAL or whether it is available on this system.
- Install the Uniprocessor HAL according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry