S7-PDIAG V5.3 SP4 Released for Delivery
S7-PDIAG is now available in the new version 5.3 SP4.
S7-PDIAG V5.3 SP4 has been released for the following operating systems:
MS Windows XP Professional SP2 and SP3, MS Windows Server 2003 SP2 (as workstation computer), MS Windows Vista 32 Bit Ultimate and Business
Customers with a valid Software Update Service agreement for S7-PDIAG will receive the update to S7-PDIAG V5.3 SP4 automatically.
It is also available for free downloading from the Internet (entry ID 36514039 ).
Delivery release for S7-PDIAG V5.3 SP4
1. Ordering information for S7-PDIAG V5.3 SP4
2. New features compared to the predecessor version
3. System requirements
4. Product description of S7-PDIAG
4.1 Summary of process diagnosis in plant operation
4.2 Configuration of S7-PDIAG process diagnosis
4.3 Interaction with SIMATIC HMI
4.4 SIMATIC S7-GRAPH and S7-HiGraph
5. Information on ProAgent
|6ES7840-0CC04-0YA5||SIMATIC S7, S7-PDIAG V5.3 incl. SP4|
FLOATING LICENSE for 1 USER
|6ES7840-0CC04-0YE5||SIMATIC S7, S7-PDIAG V5.3 incl. SP4 UPGRADE|
(V3.X - V5.1 to V5.3 SP4)
FLOATING LICENSE for 1 USER
|6ES7840-0CC04-2YN8||SIMATIC S7, S7-PDIAG V5.3 |
UNLOCK COPY LICENSE, only valid in conjunction with UNLOCK COPY LICENSE AGREEMENT and valid license
|6ES7840-0CA01-0YX2||SIMATIC S7, S7-PDIAG SOFTWARE UPDATE SERVICE for 1 year with automatic extension, latest SW version is mandatory|
S7-PDIAG V5.3 SP4 Upgrade:
Customers who use S7-PDIAG V3.x, V4.x, V5.0 or V5.1 already, can purchase an upgrade. The precondition for the installation of the upgrade package is a valid license for S7-PDIAG V3.x, V4.x, V5.0, V5.1 or V5.3.
S7-PDIAG V5.3 SP4 is supplied on a CD, the license key (Automation License Key) on a USB stick. S7-PDIAG V5.3 SP4 is multilingual (G, E, F, I, Sp).
The documentation for S7-PDIAG V5.3 SP4 is contained on the product CD ROM in PDF format. It is not available in printed form.
New with S7-PDIAG V5.3 SP4
- Formal operands that are replaced during generation:
The functionality of formal operands that are replaced during generation has been improved. It is now possible to use new formal operands to add information about the interconnected actual operands to message texts, info texts and supplementary texts of S7-PDIAG monitoring on IN parameters of function blocks.
- Expansion of the dialog box "Search in - ..." and the associated processing dialogs
The settings in the "Units" register have been expanded. You can now determine whether the name of the unit is to be displayed, hidden or skipped.
New with S7-PDIAG V5.3 SP3
- Enhanced search function:
The search for S7-PDIAG error definitions with possibly incomplete configuration has been improved in the following points:
- For error definitions that have not selected initial value recording.
- For error definitions that have been defined in a global DB.
- For error definitions that have been defined directly under the standard group.
In these cases the complete S7 program will be scrutinized.
New with S7-PDIAG V5.3 SP2
- Export and import of exclusion and abort operands
· Exclusion and abort operands from the areas I/O/F and from global data blocks can be exported and re-imported in XML format. Only those operands are considered that have been configured in conjunction with S7-PDIAG; operands automatically generated by S7-GRAPH and S7-HiGraph remain untouched.
- Changed response when creating instances
· Up to now, the monitoring and acknowledgement status bits were always overwritten when creating instances, even when they were modified in the instance. Now the operands are no longer overwritten if they have been changed in the instance. They have been integrated in the group of the monitoring logic.
- Support of Windows Vista 32-bit Ultimate and Business operating system
New for S7-PDIAG V5.3 SP1
- Monitoring and acknowledgement status
- S7-PDIAG Error definitions were augmented by the attributes "Monitoring status" and "Acknowledgement status". Operands can be allocated to these attributes in the monitoring configuration. The status of monitoring and the status of acknowledgement are thus available in the user program. The operands are entered in the reference data.
- Extension of the dialog box "Search in - ..." and the associated processing dialogs
- The message attributes "Message class", "Acknowledgement group" and "Logging", as well as the monitoring and acknowledgement status were newly added to the dialog "Search in -..." and the associated processing dialogs.
- Search for S7-PDIAG error definitions with possibly incomplete configuration. These error definitions can be displayed, processed and deleted in the dialog field "Search in -...", together with the possible cause.
- The columns displayed in the dialog field "Search in -..." can be faded in or out via the context menu.
- Identification of the program in the S7-PDIAG units overview
- The symbol is earmarked to indicate that the S7-PDIAG monitoring blocks must be newly compiled.
- Changed generation response for the option "Overwrite Instances"
- If the option "Overwrite Instances" has been set, disabling for all disabled instances will be deleted. These instances will be newly created (instantiated). After that a delta generation will be made.
Since S7-PDIAG V5.3
- Changeover for S7-PDIAG to the new license types Floating License and Trial License. Licensing with the Automation License Manager.
- Inconsistency warning in the case of changed software blocks. The offline blocks in STEP7 are taken into account (no automatic online / offline comparison).
- Support of foreign language character sets as introduced with STEP7 V5.3 SP2.
- Conversion of S7-PDIAG to the STL compiler:
Avoids the previous restrictions when issuing names for FB variables
Reduces the size of the monitoring blocks
Expands the possible data types of associated values by CHAR, INT, DINT and REAL.
Supported operating systems:
MS Windows XP Professional SP2 and SP3
MS Windows Server 2003 SP2 (as workstation)
MS Windows Vista 32 Bit Ultimate and Business
- STEP 7 V5.3 SP3 and higher (MS Windows XP)
The purpose of process diagnostics is to evaluate process faults occuring outside the automation system. Examples are:
- Limit switch not reached
- Interlock not fulfilled
- Watchdod time elapsed
- Motion interrupted
From that follows:
- Identify fault – save process signals when the fault occurs
- Signal the fault – message to SIMATIC HMI system and display cause of the fault (criteria analysis)
- Remove fault – by operating certain equipment in manual mode
- Continue with the process – resume production after a short standstill
S7-PDIAG provides powerful configuration options in LAD, FBD and STL programming languages for this purpose. The user can configure various types of monitoring for critical process signals during program generation in STEP 7. S7-PDIAG will automatically generate the associated monitoring logic and actual value detection (by function blocks). In addition, S7-PDIAG enables movement control in manual operating mode via UDT interface (User Defined Type). A movement can thus be controlled directly from the SIMATIC HMI system. An operating mode interface permits direct switching over on the SIMATIC HMI.
The software package SIMATIC ProAgent for OP/TP/MP/PC and WinCC rounds off the process diagnostics with the following functions:
- Display of process faults (configured with S7-PDIAG)
- Determination of the cause of the fault
- Changeover of the operating mode
- Support with fault correction (control of manual movements)
SIMATIC Process diagnostics presupposes a uniform signalling route (Alarm_S/SQ, or D/DQ: operating system function of the S7-CPU). This event-controlled signalling route is a basic means to enable selective and fast diagnosis in plants and machines.
S7-PDIAG and ProAgent thus:
- efficiently support troubleshooting and fault correction
- increase the availability of plants and machines
- reduce downtimes
SIMATIC Process diagnostics also includes the engineering tools S7-GRAPH and S7-HiGraph. S7-PDIAG is not required if the process diagnostics functions are used with S7-GRAPH or S7-HiGraph and ProAgent.
The ProAgent optional software package was specially tailored for S7-PDIAG, S7-GRAPH and S7-HiGraph (only ProAgent/MP and ProAgent/PC) and supplements process diagnostics with the following features:
- ProAgent can be loaded with the configuration software ProTool, ProTool/Pro, WinCCflexible or WinCC
- It can be used for graphic HMI panels (as from 270/277 range) and WinCC
- Easy acces to process diagnostic data
- Uniform technological view on process diagnosis
- The following standard screenforms are available:
- easy to use message screen with softkeys and filter functions
- overview screen with technological view on the process
- detailed diagnostic screen for selective determination of the cause of the fault
- motion screen for fault correction support.
- operation of certain equipment in manual mode.
Please get in touch with your SIMATIC contact at your local Siemens Office if you have any further questions.