Entry type: Application example Entry ID: 35928862, Entry date: 03/09/2020
Integration of a SINAMICS G120 (F version) in SIMATIC PCS 7
In this application example the SINAMICS G120 (F variant) is connected fail-safe with the S7 F Systems Library V1.3 to a CPU 410-5H via PROFIsafe communication. The connection via PROFIBUS and PROFINET is described in two documents.
Fig. 01: PROFIBUS
Fig. 02: PROFINET
The configuration and parameterization of the distributed I/Os is to be carried out with PCS 7 via routing functions.
- Integration of the GSD- / GSDML file (device master file) and of the SINAMICS G120 (failsafe version) into PCS 7
- Allocation of symbols and CFC engineering
- Commissioning using the "STARTER" editor
- Settings of the PROFIBUS, PROFINET and PROFIsafe parameters
- Parameterization of the Safety Integrated function and its acknowledgements
The application example was created with SIMATIC PCS 7 9.0 SP2
In order to protect technical infrastructures, systems, machines and networks against cyber threats, it is necessary to implement – and continuously maintain – a holistic, state-of-the-art IT security concept. Siemens’ products and solutions constitute one element of such a concept. For more information about cyber security, please visithttps://www.siemens.com/cybersecurity#Ouraspiration.
Feedback for the article with the entry ID 35928862
Personalization saves you typing! If you have already been registered, you can login directly. If you are not registered yet, you can inform and register yourself without obligation here (our service is free of charge).
Number of characters: 0 (max. 500)
Send copy of comment to sender. (login required)
Note: The feedback always relates to the current entry / product. Your message will be forwarded to our technical editors working in the Online Support. In a few days, you will receive a response if your feedback requires one. If we have no further questions, you will not hear from us.
Requests and feedback
What do you want to do?
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry