SIMATIC Logon V1.4 Now Available with SP2
SIMATIC Logon V1.4 is now available incl. SP2. SP2 provides functional additions to the central user administration with access control and electronic signature.
1 Product Description
1.1 Classification / application area
SIMATIC Logon V1.4 incl. SP2 is capable of working with applications, in which roles have already been set up or can be defined. Application examples for SIMATIC Logon in the SIMATIC environment are:
- SIMATIC PCS 7 V7.0 + SP1/SP2 and V7.1 (SIMATIC Logon V1.4 + SP1 is already integrated in the system, separate licenses are no longer required)
- SIMATIC WinCC V7.0 and V7.0 + SP1 SCADA System (SIMATIC Logon V1.4 + SP1 is already integrated in the system, separate licenses are no longer required)
- SIMATIC WinCC flexible version 2007 in conjunction with Logon Remote Access (see ordering data)
- STEP 7 V5.4
If SIMATIC Logon is not already integrated in the system, the number of Clients or Single Stations that access applications for which SIMATIC Logon is used as access protection, determine the number of required SIMATIC Logon licenses.
The SIMATIC Logon software package consists of the following software components:
SIMATIC Logon Service
Central access protection for SIMATIC applications. When starting an application managed by SIMATIC Logon, the logon dialog of the SIMATIC Logon Service will be activated. After entering user name, password and domain, the user receives his/her specific rights. The SIMATIC Logon Service dialog for logging off, switching users or changing the password can be called from within the applications.
SIMATIC Logon Role Administration
Administration of the roles of an application and their assignment to Windows groups including the allocation of rights.
SIMATIC Logon Eventlog Viewer
The SIMATIC Logon Event Log Viewer is a component that records and displays the events of an application.
SIMATIC Electronic Signature
The SIMATIC Electronic Signature permits operations to only be executed after approval by previously assigned Windows users/user groups. The assignment of the users/user groups to the operations occurs within the respective application. Presently, this function has only been implemented as a system function with SIMATIC BATCH. However, the electronic signature can be used application-specific with any product.
SIMATIC Logon Development Kit
The Development Kit is intended for programmers, who would like to integrate SIMATIC Logon into a customer application.
1.2 Product features / performance scope
Functions now added with the SP2 for SIMATIC Logon V1.4:
- Support of Trusted Domains based on Active Directory
- Support of new operating systems and ServicePacks: Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista Business, Enterprise, Ultimate SP1, Windows Server 2008
- Support of DEP (Data Execution Prevention): improved process security
- Support of the MTCOS 1.1 card operating system
- Logon only via chipcard possible
- Display of large SIMATIC Logon Eventlog databases
In addition to a keyboard, the optionally available chipcard reader with order no. 6ES7 652-0XX02-1XC0 (USB) or 6ES7 652-0XX01-1XC0 (serial) can be used.
It is also possible to connect logon devices via specially created device-specific drivers. We are offering the creation of such drivers on a service basis.
I IS IN E&C PS 27, Ulrich Betz
1.3 Hardware / software requirements
- Programming device or PC with Pentium III, 800 MHz processor or higher, and at least 512 MB of main memory
- At least 210 Mbytes of free space on the hard disk
- MS Windows 2000 Professional with SP4, MS Windows XP Professional with SP2, MS Windows XP Professional with SP3, MS Windows 2000 Server with SP4, MS Windows Server 2003 with SP1, MS Windows Server 2003 with SP2, MS Windows Server 2003 R2, MS Windows Server 2003 R2 with SP2, MS Windows Vista Business, MS Windows Vista Business with SP1, MS Windows Vista Enterprise, MS Windows Vista Enterprise with SP1, MS Windows Vista Ultimate, MS Windows Vista Ultimate with SP1 or MS Windows Server 2008
- Internet Explorer V6.0 with SP1
2 Ordering information
2.1 Ordering data
SIMATIC Logon V1.4 incl. SP2
|SIMATIC Logon Upgrade to V1.4 incl. SP2
Single License for one installation, multilingual (German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese and Japanese),
runs under Windows 2000 Professional SP4, Windows XP Professional SP2, Windows XP Professional SP3, Windows 2000 Server SP4, Windows Server 2003 SP1, Windows Server 2003 SP2, Windows Server 2003 R2, Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Business SP1, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Enterprise SP1, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 or Windows Server 2008
Engineering software and electronic documentation on CD, comprising: CD, License Key Disk, Certificate of License, Terms and Conditions
From WinCC flexible 2007 and higher with the following devices:
- Mobile Panel 177, TP 177B, OP177B
- Mobile Panel 277, TP 277, OP 277, MP 277
- MP 377
- PC Platforms with WinCC flexible Runtime
|Logon Remote Access (3 Clients)
Single License for 1 installation, Remote Access for 3 WinCC flexible Clients version 2007 and higher. Scope of delivery: License Key Disk, Certificate of License, Terms and Conditions
|Logon Remote Access (10 Clients)
Single License for 1 installation, Remote Access for 10 WinCC flexible Clients version 2007 and higher. Scope of delivery: License Key Disk, Certificate of License, Terms and Conditions
2.2 Upgrade from SIMATIC Logon V1.0, V1.1, V1.2 or V1.3 to V1.4
The authorizations of the predecessor versions SIMATIC Logon V1.0, V1.1, V1.2 and V1.3 are no longer valid for version 1.4. You can upgrade these versions with the SIMATIC Logon Upgrade V1.4 incl. SP2, order no. 6ES7658-7BX41-2YE0, to version 1.4 + SP2.
3 Customer Support: Scope of service / Support Request
Siemens offers service & support during every project phase: from the planning and commissioning phase up to the maintenance and modernization stage. An overview of the entire service range can be found on the Internet at: http://www.siemens.de/automation/csi_en_WW/service.
Support for SIMATIC PCS 7 by our Technical Support (Hotline) of Automation and Drives can be requested via the Support Request Procedure.
For further information, please contact your regional SIMATIC Partner.
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry