How many connection resources can be managed by the C7-CPU or the C7-OP?
Every communication connection needs connection resources on the respective device:
- for the PG-communication
- for the OP-communication
- for the S7-basis communication
In principle several connections can be managed by the C7 CPU. These are split up as follows:
- A connection is reserved for the PG. It can't be used for other purposes. Consequently it is guaranteed at any time, that a (service-) PG can be connected in case of an error.
- A second connection is reserved for the C7-OP.
- Furthermore "spare" connections are available for user-defined use (view table 1).
The communication modes "Global data" (GD) and "Decentralized periphery" (DP) do not use the connection resources.
A C7-OP can manage several connection resources. These are split up as follows:
- A connection of the C7-OP is reserved for the ("internal") C7 CPU (exception C7 613).
- Further connections are at the users disposal, which can be assigned to user-defined "external" controllers. This might be further C7, S7 300 or S7 400 controllers.
Assign the connection resources in the configuration environment of ProTool or ProTool/Lite.
Number of CPU connections
|Number of OP connections|
A CP 342-5 can be used in order to increase the number communication stations (connections) in the C7-CPU.
More information on this topic area is available in
- the manual on "Communication with SIMATIC" in Entry ID 1254686.
- the manual on "SIMATIC Complete Device C7-613" in Entry ID 13125532.
- the manual on "SIMATIC Complete Device C7-635" in Entry ID 11559312.
- the manual on "SIMATIC Complete Device C7-636" in Entry ID 18230904