Multivariable Model Predictive Control - Distillation Column as an Application Example
Objective of the Application
The objective is fast and tight control of processes with several interacting in- and outputs. In the accompanying example the MPC controls two subordinated PID controllers in a cascade structure. This demonstration with two manipulated and two control variables is only an application example. The procedure to configure an MPC with more or less than two manipulated variables is the same.
This application note is intended for non experienced users in MPC technology; special cases and complex applications are not considered here.
The application example considered here shows the enhancement of a basically automated distillation column with a MPC based temperature control.
The following main points are discussed in this application note:
- How to create an instance of the process tag type
- How to collect the necessary measurement data for the MPC
- Configuration using the MPC configurator
- How to handle more than one measurable disturbance variable
- Benchmark simulations with and without MPC, to show the potential benefits
… valid for PCS 7 V7.1, in principal transferable to V7.0.
|Content of the downloads||
|Multivariable Model Predictive Control - Distillation Column as an Application Example|
|07/2009 V1.0||First release|