PCS 7/OPEN OS V7.1 – Sales and Delivery Release
The PCS 7/OPEN OS V7.1 product suite is now available for purchase. The PCS 7/OPEN OS V7.1 product suite provides the tools needed to develop an interface between SIMATIC PCS 7 OS V7.1 and a third party DCS Controller or PLC Controller that has an OPC Server. These are the same tools used by Siemens to develop the PCS 7/90 OS (Bailey INFI 90/NET 90 migration) and PCS 7/OPMC OS (OpenPMC migration) products.
1 Product Description
1.1 Placement/Areas of Application
Currently Siemens offer a number of OS connectivity products. These products enable SIMATIC PCS 7 OS to be used as the HMI for various non-S7-400 controllers. The list of controllers includes APACS+, Bailey INFI 90/NET 90, OpenPMC, TELEPERM M and SIMATIC PCS/TISTAR. The PCS 7/OPEN OS V7.1 product suite is offered to users that would like to use SIMATIC PCS 7 OS V7.1 but have a controller that Siemens does not have an off-the-shelf OS connectivity product for.
The PCS 7/OPEN OS V7.1 is limited to those controllers that have an available OPC Server. The product can handle controllers that support OPC DA and OPC A&E.
1.2 Product Suite Overview
Two PCS 7/OPEN OS Engineering Packages are available in release V7.1:
- PCS 7/OPEN OS Engineering Pack V7.1 (PO unlimited)
- PCS 7/OPEN OS Engineering Pack V7.1 (PO 250)
The PCS 7/OPEN OS Engineering Pack V7.1 comes with an unlimited PO license for SIMATIC PCS 7 OS engineering; but without an SIMATIC PCS 7 OS Runtime production license. However, this package does provide the user with the ability to run the OS for 2-hour periods for test purposes. Essentially, this package provides the OS connectivity framework for Client-Server architectures.
The PCS 7/OPEN OS Engineering Pack V7.1 comes with a 250 PO SIMATIC PCS 7 OS engineering and OS runtime production license. This package provides the OS connectivity framework for small system architectures.
Both engineering packages provide the components needed for importing HMI objects from a non-S7 controller export file, creating a plant hierarchy using the imported objects, configuring the objects (e.g., alarm limits, tag archiving, …), and compiling and downloading the configuration into a SIMATIC PCS 7 OS Server or Single Station.
These engineering packages provide:
- Database Automation (DBA) – For connectivity projects. DBA is the engineering tool for configuring SIMATIC PCS 7 OS for use with non-S7 controllers. This includes the configuration of the:
– WinCC Data Manager - This is a SQL database that contains the non-S7 controller tag information loaded by DBA. At runtime, it is the data source for the SIMATIC PCS 7 clients, historian, and alarm manager. – Runtime Framework (RTF) - This component is responsible for managing alarms and messages. Some of its tasks include Data Persistence and Data Synchronization. This component is configured using DBA. – SIMATIC PCS 7 Alarm Logging - This component is responsible for maintaining the alarm configuration and generating alarms in Runtime. – SIMATIC PCS 7 Tag Logging - This component identifies which process tags are to be saved to history
- The connectivity licenses that enable:
– Source controller HMI data to be imported into DBA – DBA configuration to be imported into SIMATIC PCS 7 OS
To engineer the solution, the user or integrator provides the following:
- OPC DA Server – This server provides the process tag data available in the controller in OPC format.
- OPC A&E Server – This server makes available alarm messages stored in a controller. Some controllers may not use an OPC A&E Server. For these cases, this component is optional.
- The source Controller – This is a non-S7 controller that runs the process.
- The tool used to engineer the source Controller. Depending on the system, this tool may also be the data source for DBA.
1.2.2 Operator control and monitoring
The following three runtime products are available in the suite:
- PCS 7/OPEN OS Single Station Pack V7.1 (PO 250)
- PCS 7/OPEN OS Redundant Server Pack V7.1 (PO 250)
- PCS 7/OPEN OS Server Pack V7.1 (PO 250)
The PCS 7/OPEN OS Single Station Pack, PCS 7/OPEN OS Server Pack, and PCS 7/OPEN OS Redundant Server Pack provide the system the following runtime capabilities:
- Data exchange between a SIMATIC PCS 7 OS server and source controller. This includes process data and messages
- Storing the collected information into the runtime database (WinCC Data Manager)
- Serving data to SIMATIC PCS 7 client and historian stations (CAS)
- Persisting data after a Server power loss
- Synchronizing data between redundant OS Servers
When more than 250 POs are needed, SIMATIC PCS 7 Power Packs for the listed packages are available from the standard SIMATIC PCS 7 catalogue.
The supported architectures that these packages can be used to implement are shown in the PowerPoint file attached to this document.
1.2.3 Third Party Controllers inclusion into an existing SIMATIC PCS 7 System Architecture
The following runtime and engineering packages are available for users that already have a SIMATIC PCS 7 system and want to integrate 3rd party controllers into the architecture:
- PCS 7/OPEN OS Engineering Component Option V7.1
- PCS 7/OPEN OS Runtime Component Option V7.1
The Engineering expansion package provides the user with the PCS 7/OPEN OS option software along with the licenses that enable the user to load third party controller configuration data into DBA, compile a DBA configuration into SIMATIC PCS 7 OS, and access A&E data.
The Runtime expansion package provides the PCS 7/OPEN OS option software and the license to access A&E data from a third party controller.
To utilize these packages, the user process must be running a SIMATIC PCS 7 V7.1 application. If they are not currently using SIMATIC PCS 7 V7.1, they must upgrade to this release of the SIMATIC PCS 7 software.
1.2.4 PCS 7/OPEN OS Solution Workflow
The following graphic depicts a workflow that could be used to develop a connectivity solution using the PCS 7/OPEN OS product. The first step in the procedure is to define the function blocks that will be available to SIMATIC PCS 7 OS. This could be accomplished using a combination of an export of the application configuration that contains the data used by an HMI and other documentation like the source system documentation, a browse of the OPC items, or some other source.
Once the function blocks are defined, the Type Editor tool, provided with the PCS 7/OPEN OS product, is used to create the various function block templates used in the application. Based on the block templates, create an instance of each block template using the Instance Editor tool provided with the PCS 7/OPEN OS product. Exporting these single instances to Microsoft Excel enables the bulk creation of the instances of each template in the application. The instances created in Excel can then be imported into the Instance Editor.
Concurrently, symbols (block icons) and faceplates can be created for any function blocks that are new to SIMATIC PCS 7 OS. Symbols and Faceplates are created using the standard SIMATIC PCS 7 Graphics Designer tool.
The content of the Instance Editor is imported into the DBA tool, provided with the PCS 7/OPEN OS product. Using DBA, the plant hierarchy is created and compiled to the SIMATIC PCS 7 OS. Once imported into SIMATIC PCS 7 OS, the subsequent steps are identical to that of a standard SIMATIC PCS 7 project.
Grafische Darstellung des PCS 7/OPEN OS Solution Workflows:
open_os_diagramm_en.pdf ( 228 KB )
2 Ordering Information
2.1 Ordering Data for PCS 7/OPEN OS V7.1 Products
|OS Engineering Packages incl. SIMATIC PCS 7 V7.1 software||PCS 7/OPEN OS Engineering Pack V7.1 (PO unlimited), two-hour OS test operation included||6EQ2001-1BB17-3BA5|
|PCS 7/OPEN OS Engineering Pack V7.1 (PO 250), Runtime included||6EQ2001-2BA17-3BA5|
|OS Engineering Package without SIMATIC PCS 7 V7.1 software (to integrate 3rd party controllers into an existing SIMATIC PCS 7 V7.1 architecture)||PCS 7/OPEN OS Engineering Component Option V7.1||6EQ2001-1XX17-3BA5|
|Operator control and monitoring|
|OS Runtime Packages incl. SIMATIC PCS 7 V7.1 software||PCS 7/OPEN OS Single Station Pack V7.1 (PO 250)||6EQ2001-2AA17-3BA0|
|PCS 7/OPEN OS Server Pack V7.1 (PO 250)||6EQ2001-2HA17-3BA0|
|PCS 7/OPEN OS Redundant Server Pack V7.1 (PO 250)||6EQ2001-2GA17-3BA0|
|SIMATIC PCS 7 OS Software Client V7.1 (SIMATIC PCS 7 OS standard product)||6ES7658-2CX17-0YA5|
|OS Runtime Package without SIMATIC PCS 7 V7.1 software (to integrate 3rd party controllers into an existing SIMATIC PCS 7 V7.1 architecture)||PCS 7/OPEN OS Runtime Component Option V7.1||6EQ2001-2XX17-3BA0|