Why is communication between the Runtime simulation and the S7-1200/S7-1500 not possible if the PG/PC interface is not set correctly?
If the setting in the PG/PC interface does not match the proper TCP/IP interface, communication between the Runtime simulation (simulation of the HMI panel) and the S7-1200/S7-1500 is not possible. All functions like "Download to CPU" and "Determine status online" work, but the Runtime simulation cannot set up a connection to the controller. Please also refer here to the relevant information in the STEP 7 Basic Online Help under "Simulating projects".
We recommend the following procedure as a remedy:
- In the Control Panel, you open the "Set PG/PC Interface" dialog.
- Under "Access Point of the Application", select "S7ONLINE (STEP 7)" from the drop-down list.
- Under "Interface Parameter Assignment Used", mark the interface "Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet TCPIP.Auto" that is connected directly with the device.
- Then click on OK and also confirm the next message with OK.
The Entry ID: 11870489 provides more information on parameterizing the PG/PC interface and on the following topics:
- Adding and installing more interfaces.
- With or without automatic recognition of bus parameters.
- Device driver cannot be selected or is not visible.
The "TCP/IP(Auto)" setting in the PG/PC interface cannot be set in administrated networks if address assignment is via DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol). The procedure for assigning the IP address from a DHCP server is given in the STEP 7 (TIA Portal) Online Help under "Call the address via "Accessible Nodes".
The screens in this FAQ response were created with MS Windows 7.