Data synchronization over open communication between multiple field devices (S7-1200) and a head PLC (S7-1200/ S7-300/ WinAC) (Set 17).
For synchronization tasks and the exchange of control and status information between one head PLC and several field PLCs, a performant cyclic communication is needed.
The following points must be noted here:
- Supply of all the field PLCs with the same or different sets of data from the head PLC (down sync).
- Updating the sets of data from all the field PLCs in the head PLC (up sync).
For solving the task, the block DATASYNC_X has been developed, which automatically assumes the control of the data synchronization:
- Function block DATASYNC_HEAD for the head PLC
- Function block DATASYNC_SUB for the field PLC
The application example is demonstrated with a concrete example - the control of solar trackers. The expression solar tracker means solar energy systems which can be tracked according to the position of the sun to ensure the best possible energy yields.
For the field PLC, a CPU S7-1200 is used in this example. For the head PLC, this solution uses two types of devices:
- An S7-1200 controller
- An S7-300/400/ IPC with WinAC
The data communication among the PLCs is displayed in images by the HMI panel.
The realization of the data synchronisation with the DATASYNC_X function block has the following advantages for you:
- simple and transparent integration of the DATASYNC_X blocks in your existing user program.
- flexible modification of the quantity structure for the send and receive of the data.
- number of field PLCs is variabel.
Security Notice actualized, update Project to V13 SP1
S7-1200, data synchronization, data concentrator