Data communication between S7-1200 stations, WinCC and TeleControl Server Basic V3.1 via CP 1242-7 V2 and CP 1243-1
The infrastructure of a discharge treatment plant comprises two S7-1200 substations. The TeleControl Server Basic V3.1 in the central station enables a direct connection to both stations. Station 1 is connected to the TeleControl Server Basic V3.1 by means of the CP 1242-7 V2 GPRS via the mobile communications network. Station 2 is directly connected to the TeleControl Server Basic V3.1 by means of the CP 1243-1 via cable-based Ethernet. WinCC Advanced, WinCC Professional and WinCC V7 can be used as OPC UA client for visualization and control of process data.
The following functions are realized in this Application Example:
- Both remote stations send some process tags to the central station (”threshold-triggered”).
- Both remote stations send important process tags cyclically to the central station.
- Both remote stations send some process tags to the central station (”event-triggered”).
- The central station monitors the status of the connected remote stations.
- TeleControl Server Basic V3.1 enables economic data communication between substations and the central station.
- The data of the connected stations are available for any OPC UA client via the OPC UA interface of the TCSB.
- GPRS and internet: Always-on functionality.
- In case of a connection failure, the CPs buffer the data and transmit the bundled data to the TeleControl Server upon reconnection.
- If there is a brief interruption on the connection between the OPC UA client and the TCSB OPC UA server, the data remains available in the data buffer. Once the connection has been re-established, all values that have not been transferred will be sent to the OPC UA client.
Documentation and example project with WinCC Professional
Documentation WinCC Professional (2,4 MB)
Project STEP 7 V15.1 with WinCC Professional (19,2 MB)
Project TIA Portal V14 (1,2 MB)
Inter-Station Communication between S7-1200 Stations Using TCSB V3.1 via CP 1242-7 V2
Signaling and Switching via SMS with S7-1200 and CP 1242-7 GPRS V2
TeleService of a S7-1200 station via mobile network
Update TIA Portal V15.1
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry