How can you delete the IP address and reset your S7-1200 to factory settings using the SIMATIC MC memory card?
Even without the SIMATIC STEP 7 Basic software and without knowing the IP address, you can delete the IP address and reset your S7-1200 up to and including firmware V2.1.2 to the factory settings using the SIMATIC MC memory card.
Disable write protection
Make sure that the memory card is not write-protected. For this you move the protection switch out of the lock position.
Using an empty memory card
There are two ways of obtaining an empty memory card.
- Use a new empty SIMATIC MC memory card from Siemens.
- If your SIMATIC MC memory card is not empty, delete the "SIMATIC.S7S" folder and the "S7_JOB.S7S" file on the memory card, using Windows Explorer, for example.
Deleting the IP address
Proceed as below to delete the IP address and reset the S7-1200 up to and including firmware V2.1.2 to the factory settings.
- Slot an empty memory card in the S7-1200.
- Switch S7-1200 off and on again.
This reboots the S7-1200. After restarting and re-evaluation of the SIMATIC MC memory card the load memory, this means the device configuration including the IP address, the user program and all the force values are copied to the memory card. The memory card turns into a program card containing the data and the IP address stored previously in the internal load memory. When the copying procedure has been completed, the internal load memory of the S7-1200 is deleted. The S7-1200 now switches into the configured operating mode for startup (RUN or STOP).
When the procedure has been completed, the service LED of the S7-1200 flashes to indicate that you can remove the memory card.
- Remove the memory card from the S7-1200.
- Switch the S7-1200 off and on again.
The internal load memory including the IP address is now deleted and the S7-1200 up to and including firmware V2.1.2 has been reset to the factory settings.
As from firmware V2.2.0 you delete the internal load memory of the CPU by slotting an empty transfer card. However, the IP address is retained.
- is available in the system manual "SIMATIC S7-1200 Programmable controller" in the chapter Using a memory card.
- The firmware versions of the S7-1200 CPU are here.