How can you reset the IP address of your S7-1200 PLC using STEP 7 Basic software?
You can reset the IP address of your S7-1200 PLC using the function "Reset to factory settings" of the STEP 7 Basic software. Therefore you need online access to your S7-1200 PLC. This means the IP address of your S7-1200 PLC needs to be the same as the IP address in your STEP 7 Basic project. Otherwise you cannot go online.
Adjustingthe IP address
- To figure out the IP address of your S7-1200 PLC, highlight your S7-1200 PLC in the project tree. Browse the menu bar for "Online > Extended download to device..." and check the "Show all accessible devices" check box. The IP address of your S7-1200 PLC is listed in the "address" column.
- Change the IP address of the S7-1200 PLC in your project. Browse the project tree for the "Device configuration" of your S7-1200 PLC and click the Ethernet port in the work area. Open the "Ethernet addresses" properties and enter the IP address which you figured out in step 1.
Resetting the IP address
- Launch STEP 7 Basic, and open the project containing the S7-1200 PLC whose IP address you want to reset.
- In the project tree, browse for the S7-1200 PLC and highlight it.
- Click the toolbar command "Go online". The title bar changes to orange. You have online access to the S7-1200 PLC now.
- Double-click item "Online & Diagnostics" in the PLC folder in the project tree. The "Online access" dialog window of your PLC opens.
- In the Navigation area, browse for "Functions > Reset to factory settings".
- Select the radio button "Reset IP address" in the work area, and click the "Reset" button.
- A "Reset to factory settings" dialog box opens. Click the "OK" button.
The IP address is erased.
Make sure that no SIMATIC MC memory card is inserted in your S7-1200 PLC while deleting the IP address.