BSP-SIMATIC IPC V3.0 for RMOS3 Released for Delivery
The Board Support Package BSP-SIMATIC IPC V3.0 for the proven RMOS3 realtime and multitasking operating system now supports the SIMATIC IPC427C, as the first unit of the SIMATIC IPC C generation. In addition to supporting the PROFINET onboard interface, the BSP-SIMATIC IPC V3.0 now also includes a new diagnostic driver for detailled diagnostic options in SIMATIC IPCs of the B and C generation.
The BSP-SIMATIC IPC V3.0 is now available for delivery.
Starting with the SIMATIC IPC427C, the Board Support Package BSP-SIMATIC IPC V3.0 will support SIMATIC IPC devices of the C generation. The changes compared to the existing BSP-SIMATIC PC V2.1 version are highlighted below in bold letters.
The BSP-SIMATIC IPC V3.0 now also provides PROFINET onboard functionality in addition to USB1.1, Ethernet, PROFIBUS, CAN and hardware related functions under the RMOS3 V3.40 realtime operating system for SIMATIC IPCs. A Online Help and Code Completion system for the Eclipse development environment is available for the creation of applications with PROFINET, PROFIBUS, CAN and the hardware-related functions (RMOS3-GNU V2.1 and higher).
The BSP-SIMATIC IPC V3.0, which in addition to the SIMATIC IPC427C also supports the SIMATIC Rack PC 647B, now supports the following robust and long-term SIMATIC PCs and SIMATIC IPCs:
- Microbox PC 427B and IPC427C
- Box PC 627B and Box PC 827B
- Rack PC 847B and Rack 647B.
The configurable nucleus has been expanded for the support of the PROFINET onboard interfaces of the SIMATIC IPCs. In conjunction with the supported add-on cards SIMATIC NET, IE, CP 1616 PCI CARD, resp. SIMATIC NET, IE, CP 1604 PC/104 PLUS CARD (hereafter called SIMATIC NET CP16xx ) it now provides a variety of options for inclusion of a SIMATIC IPC realtime solution in PROFINET networks. PROFINET RT (realtime) and PROFINET IRT (Isochronous realtime) in the operating modes IRT with high flexibility and IRT with high performance with cycle times up to 250µs and jitter accuracy under 1µs are supported.
Where necessary, the configurable nucleus will load the drivers for the USB, Gigabit Ethernet, PROFINET IO, PROFIBUS DP and CAN-Bus onboard interfaces and enable the use of the following functions:
- up to two CompactFlash cards, SIMATIC CF cards also with S.M.A.R.T. monitoring
- battery-backed SRAM with up to 2 MB for retentive data
- control of freely programmable user LEDs
- enhanced diagnostic functions for battery, temperature and fan monitoring
- functions for use of the Watchdog
- operating hour counter
- HD monitoring with S.M.A.R.T.
To be able to use the Eclipse development environment from the RMOS3-GNU V2.1 development package, the C/C++ programmer is provided with all the functions of the PROFINET, PROFIBUS, CAN-Bus and hardware diagnosis programming interfaces by means of an online help system and Code Completion. The PROFINET function interface is identical to the calls described in the programming manual of the SIMATIC NET CP16xx "SIMATIC NET IO-Base User Programming Interface".
Suits industrial needs
- Robust and proven realtime operating system for industrial use
- Monitoring functions (battery, temperature and fan monitoring, watchdog, S.M.A.R.T.) to avoid system downtimes
- Configurable transmission speeds and modes on the Gigabit Ethernet interface for optimum integration into the communication network
- PROFINET onboard for high-performance, cyclic and isochrone-mode user data transmission via Industrial Ethernet
- RMOS3 Nucleus for flexible adaptation to the requirements of the automation solution
- Optimally matched with SIMATIC PCs and SIMATIC IPCs
- Effective programming due to integration of Code Completion and online help system into the widely used standard GNU development tools from the Linux world
- Dramatic reduction of commissioning times due to configurable nucleus
- 100% Downward compatible operating system versions
- Free of charge support
- Customers who require a SIMATIC PC-based automation solution
- Customers with C/C++ programming know-how
- Customers requiring an open programming interface
- Customers with high requirements on realtime features
- Customers who wish to protect their technology know-how (the application is only available as executable code)
All necessary interface drivers already included in the BSP
- Complete package incl. USB, Ethernet, PROFIBUS, PROFINET, CAN driver and hardware diagnosis drivers
- The SIMATIC PC is ready to work immediately after installation of the RMOS3 runtime environment
- No additional software downloads necessary
- Immediately ready-to-run RMOS3 nucleus, in which all static and dynamic driver interfaces, as well as a multitude of additional hardware options are supported and where diagnostic functions are integrated. The settings required for the target hardware are done exclusively via the RMOS.INI configuration file. It is no longer necessary for the user to generate the RMOS nucleus.
- Support of the specific features of the SIMATIC IPCs
- Memory identification up to 4-Gbyte RAM
- Up to 2 Mbyte battery-backed SRAM for retentive data (as independent drive or for direct access)
- Temperature monitoring function for microprocessor, power supply, housing and memory
- Fan monitoring function for housing fan, power supply fan and hard disk fan
- Battery monitoring function
- Support of up to 2 CompactFlash cards
- Evaluation of S.M.A.R.T. status information of the hard disk, solid state drive or SIMATIC CF card
- 7-Segment display
- User LEDs
- Implementation of a operating hour counter to monitor maintenance intervals of the SIMATIC IPC
- System tested RMOS3 nucleus maintained by Siemens
- No familiarization necessary into nucleus generation, resulting in a faster start of development
- Uniform user interfaces across CPU platforms for better user friendliness compared to a standard nucleus
- Support of USB memory sticks, USB keyboards, USB hubs and USB mouse
- Support of all 10/100/1000 Mbit/s Ethernet interfaces of SIMATIC IPCs
- Configurable transmission modes of the Gigabit LAN driver (Autonegotiate / Full Duplex / Half Duplex)
- Adjustable transmission speed for the Gigabit LAN driver (10, 100 or 1000 Mbit/s))
- Ethernet driver with activatable filter functionality: filtering of all system straining network packages; only ARP, ICMP, TCP packages and optional UDP packages will be accepted.
- Operation of SIMATIC PCs in the operating modes master, slave and combined unit (parallel operation as master and slave) including diagnostics
- User programming interface for GNU
- Baud rates of 9.6 kbaud to 12 Mbaud
- Configuration software for PROFIBUS (not included in the BSP): COM PROFIBUS or STEP7 (if the SIMATIC PC is used as slave and operated on a master configured with STEP7)
- Not supported are: interrupts, Master Class 2, S7 functions, FDL, DPV1 and DPV2
- Operation of the SIMATIC IPC as PROFINET IO controller or PROFINET IO Device via the PROFINET onboard interface or via a SIMATIC NET CP16xx add-on card
- Support of realtime communication (RT) and isochrone realtime communication (IRT) in the operating modes IRT with high performance and IRT with high flexibility
- Access functions are compatible with the PROFINET functions described in the "Programming Manual SIMATIC NET IO-Base User Programming Interface"
- The PROFINET functions are provided for RMOS3 in the form of a GNU library
- The SIMATIC IPCs are always programmed for PROFINET with the NCM PC configuration software version V5.4 or STEP7 version 5.4, and higher (both are not included in the scope of supply of the BSP-SIMATIC IPC V3.0)
- The RMOS3 PROFINET IO stack has been released for the PROFINET onboard interfaces of the SIMATIC IPC resp. the SIMATIC NET CP16xx with firmware version V2.3.2 resp. V2.3.1. Firmware versions 2.3.1 and 2.3.2 are included in the scope of supply of the BSP-SIMATIC IPC V3.0.
- Operation of the Microbox PC 427B and IPC427C with BasicCAN interface
- User programming interface for GNU
Hardware-related functions, diagnostic and monitoring functions
- Interrupt sharing on the PCI bus is generally enabled for safe connection of PCI cards
- Enhanced temperature monitoring function for selective influencing of the automation process if preset temperature limits are exceeded. Depending on the sensors of the SIMATIC IPCs, the temperatures of CPU, power supply, housing, memory and motherboard can be determined.
- Fan monitoring function (Box PC 627B, Box PC 827B, Rack PC 647B, Rack PC 847B) to check the speed of the housing fan (front and rear), power supply fan and hard disk fan. If the speed is too low the automation process can be selectively influenced and the "FAN" indication LED (Rack PC 847B, Rack PC 647B) lit.
- Battery monitoring function (Microbox PC 427B, IPC427C, Box PC 627B, Box PC 827B, Rack PC 647B, Rack PC 847B) for identification of the charging status of the CMOS battery and for indication of a necessary battery replacement.
- Watchdog function (Microbox PC 427B, IPC427C, Box PC 627B, Box PC 827B, Rack PC 647B, Rack PC 847B) for identification of program failures
- Overall CPU interface to user LEDs (Rack PC 647B and Rack PC 847B: 3x red, Box PC 627B and Box PC 827B: 2x red/green, Microbox PC 427B and IPC427C: 1x yellow/red and 1x yellow/green) for indication of status signals
- Access to two-digit 7-segment display (Box PC 627B, Box PC 827B) for startup indication and display of applications for diagnostic purposes
REQUIRED SOFTWARE COMPONENTS
The following software components are required for the operation of SIMATIC PCs and SIMATIC IPCs under RMOS3 V3.40 and higher:
Development system (Engineering License):
|Description||Product Name||Order No.|
|PC with Microsoft Windows XP or better||---||---|
|RMOS3 version 3.40 or higher||RMOS3 V3.40 EL
RMOS3 V3.40 EL Update
RMOS3 V3.50 EL
|BSP-SIMATIC IPC V3.0
BSP-SIMATIC IPC V3.0, update from BSP-SIMATIC PC V2.1 to BSP-SIMATIC IPC V3.0
|BSP-SIMATIC IPC V3.0 EL
BSP-SIMATIC IPC V3.0 EL Update
|Optional software packages:|
|RMOS3-GNU Version 3.0 (for creating applications)||RMOS3-GNU V3.0 EL
RMOS3-GNU V3.0 EL Update
|RMOS3-TCP/IP version 2.3 or higher (only required if socket functions are to be used)||RMOS3-TCP/IP V2.3 EL
RMOS3-TCP/IP V2.3 EL Update
|Configuration software for PROFIBUS:
SIMATIC S5 COM PROFIBUS V5.1 parameterization software
see A&D Mall
|Configuration software for PROFINET:
NCM PC is supplied together with SIMATIC NET CP:
SIMATIC NET, IE, CP 1616 PCI CARD
SIMATIC NET, IE, CP 1604 PC/104 PLUS CARD
see A&D Mall
Target system SIMATIC PC and SIMATIC IPC (Runtime License):
- Microbox PC 427B, IPC427C
- Box PC 627B
- Box PC 827B
- Rack PC 647B
- Rack PC 847B
|Description||Product Name||Order No.|
|RMOS3 V3.40 and higher, Runtime License||RMOS3 V3.40 RT
RMOS3 V3.50 RT
|SP-SIMATIC IPC V3.0 Runtime License||BSP-SIMATIC IPC V3.x RT||6AR1403-0CC3|
|Optional software packages:|
|RMOS3-TCP/IP Runtime License (optional, only required if socket functions are to be used)||RMOS3-TCP/IP V2.x RT||6AR1403-1AN3|
For general information on RMOS3, as well as training information please see:
More information on RMOS3 is available under the following Service & Support link
For further questions please speak to your SIMATIC PC partner at your local Siemens office.
NOTES CONCERNING THE USE OF THE BSP-SIMATIC IPC V3.0
- The BSP-SIMATIC IPC V3.0 must be purchased as an option for RMOS3 V3.40 and higher and has been released for use with SICOMP RMOS3 version V3.40 and higher. The Board Support Packages are available in the form of Engineering Licenses as workstation licenses under Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7, and Runtime Licenses for use on a target system under RMOS3.
- RMOS3-GNU V3.0 must be used as development platform to be able to use the Engineering Licenses under Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- The BSP-SIMATIC IPC V3.0 replaces the existing Board Support Package BSP-SIMATIC PC V2.1. An update to the BSP-SIMATIC IPC V3.0 is available.
- The optional drives listed in the configurator: DVD-ROM, DVD-ROM/CD-RW, DVD +/- RW, CD-R/RW/DVD (combo) as well as RAID, are presently not supportd under RMOS3.
More information is provided in the Product Information bulletin that comes with the product.
For Engineering License and Runtime License:
|Product Name||Order No.||Date of Delivery Release|
|BSP-SIMATIC IPC V3.0 EL||6AR1403-0BC00-1CA0||Feb. 15, .2010|
|BSP-SIMATIC IPC V3.0 EL Update||6AR1403-0BC50-1CA0||Feb. 15, .2010|
|BSP-SIMATIC IPC V3.x RT||6AR1403-0CC3||Feb. 15, .2010|