Objective of the Application
Almost any real sensor device for the measuring of process values of control loops delivers signals, which are disturbed by typically high-frequency noise. Nevertheless the requirements for the control loop with respect to fast dynamics and moderate movements of the actuator are to be fulfilled as good as possible. Therefore signal noise is suppressed by a filter, and the proper choice of the filter time constants is a major issue.
The following issues are discussed in this application note:
- Interaction between the signal filtering and the controller
- Simulation example
This entry was created with SIMATIC PCS 7 V7.1, the procedure is transferable to PCS 7 V7.0 SP1 and higher versions.
09/2010 First release
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry