What should you watch out with regard to the Oracle data base for WinCC/B.Data?
Oracle® Database versions and licensing
In order to use B.Data, an Oracle® Database 11gR2 32 Bit Standard Edition One, Standard Edition or Enterprise Edition is required. This database may be used for B.Data only. The customer himself is responsible for the correct licensing, the number of named users+ licenses and the compliance of the license. A definition of the different Oracle Database Editions as well as the Oracle’s licensing model can be found on the homepage at:
For the basic system of B.Data, running on a PC with 1 CPU and with Oracle Database 11gR2 32 Bit Standard Edition One installed, the following license configuration is recommended:
|Component||Required named user+ licenses|
|WINCC/B.DATA V5.2, BASIC SYSTEM,100 or
WINCC/B.DATA V5.2, BASIC SYSTEM,500 or
WINCC/B.DATA V5.2, BASIC SYSTEM,1.000 or
WINCC/B.DATA V5.2, BASIC SYSTEM,30.000
For additional functionality, the amount of named user+ licenses would increase:
|Component||Additional required named user+ licenses|
|WINCC/B.DATA V5.2, ACQUISITION||1|
In addition, each B.Data user (Full Client/Web Client) and each Data Mobile device needs a named user+ license.
From a technical point of view, it is recommended to use the Enterprise Edition of Oracle Database 11gR2 32 Bit to store more than 200 million measured values.
- You have to install the Oracle database software version 11gR2, 32 Bit.
- You have to install only Oracle database software without any database.
Also no Oracle database has to be installed on the computer.
Energiemanagement, Energy Management, Energie-Management
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry