SIMATIC S7-F/P Press Safety Blocks
A press safety controller is used to to provide machine- and personal safety up to safety category SIL 3 (DIN EN 62061) or Performance Level e (EN ISO 13849-1). The safety functions include two-hand engaging, safe cam monitoring, light curtain in protected and step mode, valve monitoring, stop in TDC and more.
The fail-safe function block library SIMATIC S7-F/P was developed in a modular way to allow for building a safety program that can be individually tailored to a specific press. The press safety function blocks in the SIMATIC S7-F/P library are fail-safe function- and data blocks for mechanical, hydraulic and servopresses. They are certified by the German safety organization “Berufsgenossenschaft” and can be run on all fail-safe controllers of the SIMATIC S7-F CPU family.
Press Safety package includes the function block library together with corresponding function block descriptions and a STEP7 project as application example each for mechanical presses, hydraulic presses, and servopresses, along with the corresponding application manual for each press type.
Furthermore, safety functionality of pneumatic presses or hydraulic press brakes can also be implemented.
The function blocks are certified to conform to the following standards:
- DIN EN 62061 (up to SIL3)
- EN ISO 13849-1 (up to PL e)
- DIN EN ISO 16092-1 „Machine tools safety – Presses – Part 1: General safety requirements“
- DIN EN ISO 16092-2 „Machine tools safety – Presses – Part 2: Safety requirement for mechanical presses“
- DIN EN ISO 16092-3 „Machine tools safety – Presses – Part 3: Safety requirement for hydraulic presses“
- DIN EN ISO 16092-4 „Machine tools safety – Presses – Part 4: Safety requirement for pneumatic presses“
- DIN EN 12622 "Safety of Machine Tools - Hydraulic Press Brakes"
What new with DIN EN ISO 16092?
Press safety library with all implemented functionality can be used without any restriction with the new normative standards and is valid and certified.
Our new functionality for brake tests of servo presses completes the package
- Safe timer until next brake test
- Static brake test(already included in the library)
- Aktive brake test
- Monitoring of stopping distance and stopping time
- Safe brake ramp monitoring
- Safe velocity calculation
If you need the new functionality and/or the updated certificate, please contact email@example.com
Extract of available safety functions in press safety library:
- Mode select 1 of n, 2 of 6, or up to 8 via button
- Safety door with locking mechanism
- 2-Hand / 2-Hand pluggable
- Foot switch / Foot switch pluggable
- Light curtain/AOPD (active optoelectronic protection device) in safety and clock mode
- Speed monitor (shaft break monitoring) with proximity switch and toothed gear or safe encoder
- Dynamic valve monitoring
- Error handling
- Software-cam switch gear for excenter presses
- Dynamic TDC stop and shut off when ram overloaded
- Cam monitoring of a mechanical cam switch gear at excenter presses
- Valve monitoring of feedback by runtime and discrepancy
- Monitoring of Cartridge-valves
- Controlling of press safety valves for mechanical or hydraulic presses
- Overtravel monitoring
- 3-steps enable-buttons
- Brake test of a servo press
- Safe setting-up operation and single-stroke operation of a servo press
- Significantly reduced engineering time by using parameterizable function blocks
- Significantly reduced costs during machine prototype technical release because of using certificated function blocks
- Solution is already widely used in the field (type approvals)
- Only one press controller for standard and safety program
This application example (82605334) allows you to simulate the SIMATIC Simapress application in combination with the SIMATIC S7-F/P Press Safety Blocks using PLCSIM Advanced, SIMIT and NX Mechatronics Concept Designer (MCD). Therefore, the MCD Model consists of a mechanical flywheel press and simulates it's kinematics. Furthermore, a SIMIT model is provided to simulate the behavior model for this machine setup and PLCSIM Advanced is used to emulate a SIMATIC S7-1500 controller. The PLCSIM Advanced instance runs the corresponding example project for SIMATIC Simapress. This setup allows a virtual commissioning of the digital twin.
For providing the MCD/SIMIT projects, as well as manual and screencast, please contact your Siemens contact person.
How to start and use all advantages of press safety library? Based on the used engineering system, you can choose a first license and get the complete package, incl. certificates, manual, online help, etc.
In TIA Portal, you can choose between Basic-First license (only S71-200F) or Advanced-First license (all S7-Failsafe controllers). For each upcomming CPU that runs press safety function blocks a Machine license is necessary.
Außerdem gibt es kostengünstige Alternativen zum Upgrade von Distributed Safety auf TIA Portal (Upgradelizenz Advanced) und zum Upgrade von Basic-Erstlizenz auf Advanced Erstlizenz (Upgradelizenz Basic).
Additionally a there is an easy and cheap solution to upgrade from Distributed Safety to TIA Portal (Upgrade license Advanced) and to upgrade from Basic-First license to Advanced-First license (Upgrade license Basic)
order the blocks please use the following MLFB's:
SIMATIC S7-F/P V2.0.X (Distributed Safety)
6AU1837 0EA10 0DX1
6AU1837 0EA10 0DX2
|upgrade license (advanced)|
6AU1837 0EA10 0EX1
SIMATIC S7-F/P (TIA Portal)
basic - first license
advanced - first license
6AU1837 0EA10 0GX1
6AU1837 0EA10 0GX2
|upgrade license (Basic)||6AU1837 0EA10 0EX2|
If you are interested, please contact your local sales partner.
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry