Delivery Release: SIMATIC powerrate V4.0
With immediate effect, the energy management software SIMATIC powerrate V4.0 is released for delivery. As an option for WinCC / PCS 7, SIMATIC powerrate ensures transparency in the energy consumption from the supply up to the consumption.
For a quicker and simplified configuration, the user is supported by an Engineering Wizard starting with V4.0. An additional, smaller energy management solutions are enabled through the support of new controllers.
Energy Management Software SIMATIC powerrate V4.0 for WinCC / PCS 7
SIMATIC WinCC powerrate can be employed in all industry sectors where WinCC or PCS 7 is used, and the subject of energy efficiency plays an important role. Thanks to the full integration into WinCC or PCS 7, no separate system environment is required. Predefined blocks and symbols give assurance to be building on tested product components; interfaces enable custom expandability.
With SIMATIC powerrate, energy data is continuously acquired, archived and processed further. Accurate knowledge of the consumption profile enables the tracking down of potential savings and an efficient purchase of energy, thus lowering the energy costs. The monitoring of the contractually stipulated power limit helps in the avoidance of unnecessarily high energy prices or penalties, and in the effective utilization of the set power limit.
The new Features of SIMATIC powerrate V4.0 at a Glance
Wizard for simplifying the Configuration
- The powerrate wizard performs the following configurations for the project:
– Setup of the process value archive
– Setup of the user archives for the load management
– Setup of the user archives for the batch-related energy data acquisition
– Creation and setup of raw data tags and internal tags
– Creation and setup of C scripts
With SIMATIC powerrate V4.0, the Use on the following Controllers is made possible
- SIMATIC S7 CPU 315-2 PN/DP from V3.1
- SIMATIC WinAC RTX 2010
Expanded Fields of Application
- WinCC projects also run on computers that do not utilize Basic Process Control during runtime
- Support of Windows 7 (32-bit)
Energy Data Acquisition and Preparation
By means of ready-made blocks, energy data from any PROFIBUS-capable device can be acquired. The data can be present in the blocks in the form of meter pulses, meter values or power values.Meter values can also be entered manually.
From this data, the block calculates the power averages and load values for a specified time period. All the data calculated is then archived in a WinCC archive. In addition, a final value for the power values is extrapolated for each period.
The currently acquired energy data is depicted as power averages/load values per time period (total value for the preceding period, actual value of the current period, extrapolated value for the end of the current period). A load curve enables the analysis of archived energy data, as well as its tabular presentation.
By means of the export functionality, archived data can be exported directly from WinCC to Microsoft Excel. The exported energy data can also be processed further customer-specifically. By being archived in the WinCC archive, the data can also be accessed with WinCC tools. For this, selected energy data is read from archives (Tag Logging archive; user archives) of the WinCC Runtime database; on the basis of Microsoft Excel, the following reports can then be generated:
- Cost center report
- Duration curve
- Batch report
Contractually agreed upon power limits (with power, typically the 15-minute power average) must be adhered to, otherwise considerably higher purchase prices or even penalty payments to the public utility may result. The load management of SIMATIC WinCC powerrate cyclically performs a trend calculation so that warning/alarm messages can be issued in the case of a potential limit violation and – if required – load consumers can be turned off is accordance with the configuration. Should a limit violation nevertheless occur, the present load management data will be archived to allow for a later analysis.
- For the use of SIMATIC powerrate V4.0, WinCC has to run in the integrated operating mode with STEP 7.
- The SIMATIC powerrate packages for Engineering and Upgrade also contain a license for SIMATIC WinCC/User Archives. This license is required for the load management and the batch reports.
- Adding additional FIFO buffer to the control program is solely released for S7-400 PLCs (see Entry ID: !52255681!).
SIMATIC powerrate V4.0 for WinCC / PCS 7
|SIMATIC powerrate V4.0 ES + OS Runtime1)||6AV6372-1DE04-0AX0|
|SIMATIC powerrate V4.0 Upgrade V 3.0 -> V4.0, ES + OS Runtime1)||6AV6372-1DE04-0AX4|
|SIMATIC powerrate V4.0 Trial License (30 days)||6AV6372-1DE04-0AX7|
1) For the operation on a WinCC / PCS 7 OS stand-alone system or server and any number of automation systems. When using additional WinCC / PCS 7 OS stand-alone systems or servers, a license is required for each WinCC / PCS 7 OS stand-alone system or server.
SIMATIC powerrate V4.0 includes the following Components:
- Blocks for the energy data acquisition and preparation
- Faceplates for the depiction and processing of the energy data
- Blocks for the implementation of the load management (calculation of the trend, monitoring of the limit, locking/unlocking of load consumers) and the batch-related consumption metering
- Additional blocks for the time synchronization, data buffering, data exchange with archives, etc.
- Faceplates for the depiction of results and the entry of values (e.g., for the configuration or for manual readings)
- Excel-based reports for the allocation of the energy data to cost centers, for batch-related analyses and for the determination and depiction of the duration curve
- Export of data to Excel.
Hardware Requirements for SIMATIC powerrate V4.0
SIMATIC powerrate can be employed with PCS 7 or WinCC SCADA. For the installation, the hardware requirements of the respective products apply:
- PCS 7
- STEP 7 and WinCC SCADA
Released CPUs - SIMATIC powerrate with PCS 7:
- S7-400 CPUs supported by PCS 7
- WinAC RTX 2010
Released CPUs - SIMATIC powerrate with WinCC SCADA:
– SIMATIC S7 CPU 319-3 PN/DP from V2.5
– SIMATIC S7 CPU 317-2 PN/DP from V2.6
– SIMATIC S7 CPU 315-2 PN/DP from V3.1
- WinAC RTX 2010
SIMATIC powerrate can be employed with PCS 7 or WinCC SCADA. The following versions are released:
- SIMATIC PCS 7 V7.1 SP2
- SIMATIC PCS 7 V7.1 SP1
- SIMATIC PCS 7 V7.1
- SIMATIC WinCC V7.0 SP2 (as well as the corresponding STEP 7 versions)
For the use with WinCC V7.0 SP2, the following installations are required:
- WinCC minimum installation
– Basic Process Control
– User Archives for load management and batch-related energy data acquisition
– AS-OS Engineering
– For the use of SIMATIC powerrate V4.0, WinCC has to run in the integrated operating mode with STEP 7
- SIMATIC Net
- STEP 7
powerrate reports are released for the following versions:
- Microsoft Excel 2003
- Microsoft Excel 2007