What diagnostics options are available for WinCC and PCS 7 OS?
|How can you efficiently collect diagnostics and system information?|
The SIMATIC Assessment Suite - Data Collector (SAS-DC) - formerly known as SIMATIC Diagnostics Tool (SDT).
|How do you create a memory dump for diagnostics purposes in WinCC and PCS 7 (User Mode Process Dumper)?||45020870|
|How do you save the diagnostics data of the Windows system monitor (performance monitor) in a file?||23782899|
|How do you back up the data of the Windows event viewer (Event Log)?||15386411|
|How do you use the Windows Problem Steps Recorder (PSR) (Windows 7 and higher)?||109482319|
|How do you use the Dr. Watson (up to Windows XP)?||See below|
|How do you use the ApDiag||ApDiag Manual|
|Evaluation of WinCC diagnostic files ("SIMATIC Remote Services")||38645769|
|Which tools does WinCC Scope offer for diagnosis and system information (up to WinCC V7.0)?||850436|
Brief description of the tools
- SIMATIC Assessment Suite - Data Collector (SAS-DC)
This tool acquires diagnostics and system data for service, support and maintenance. The tool can be run locally on a computer, but can also acquire diagnostics data from other computers via remote access in distributed systems.
· Acquisition of diagnostics data
· Acquisition of system data
· Archiving of acquired information sorted by computer in the ZIP format
· Transfer of central data via the integrated ftp service
User Mode Process Dumper
The "User Mode Process Dumper" monitors the processes set and creates a memory dump in the event of an error.
Windows Performance Monitor
The system monitor (performance monitor) integrated in the Windows operating system is designed to detect resource bottlenecks in the system.
· Detailed monitoring of the operating system resources used.
· Cyclic recording of system resources
Information, warnings and errors relating to hardware or the operating system are stored in the Microsoft Windows event viewer.
Windows Problem Steps Recorder
With the "Windows Problem Steps Recorder" you can record your procedure which led to a fault. A recording includes the following components:
· Text describing the elements that you click with the mouse
· Screenshots at the time of each click
Dr. Watson (up to Windows XP)
Dr. Watson logs data after a program error.
· Creating a log file
· Creating a crash memory dump
Script Diagnostics (ApDiag)
ApDiag is a diagnostics tool for in-depth and effective analysis of script errors.
· Runtime monitoring for determining script errors
· Support in analyzing errors and performance problems.
"SIMATIC Remote Services"
Siemens provides "SIMATIC Remote Services". In the "Preventive" service module included, among other things the diagnostics files and the overall status of your plant or machine are evaluated.
WinCC Scope is a tool enabling you to diagnose your system. You can also use it to check your system configuration.
Description of Dr. Watson (up to Windows XP)
The following instructions describe how to set "Dr. Watson" as default debugger.
- Execute Start > Run. Enter DRwtsn32 -i and start the procedure with OK.
- Again execute Start > Run and again enter DRwtsn32 and again start the procedure with OK.
- Set the crash dump to "Full".
SIMATIC Diagnostics Tool, SDT tool, Log files, Log file, Diagnostics data, Analysis, Error clearing, Diagnostics file