Why is it not possible to open or use WinCC editors or why can you only open the project as write-protected?
WinCC creates temporary files during the configuration. This is to coordinate multiple access, for example. In case of an unforeseen system crash, these files are not deleted anymore. When starting up the next time, it might happen that editors cannot be opened or used. It might happen that an editor opens the project, but you cannot make any changes to the project. The reason for this is that the editor opens the project only as write-protected if the temporary file is not deleted.
To restore the function of the editors concerned, please search for the following files in the project directory and delete them:
- ProjectOpened.lck (WinCC V7.0 onwards)
- TextLibrary.lck (WinCC V7.0 onwards)
- Data.Cs.InUse in the "Redundancy" subpath of your project directory.
- In WinCC V5.x you can also use the "UnlockMultiUse" smart tool to delete temporary files.
Information about installing the smart tool for WinCC V5.x is available Entry ID 13681075.
- Entry ID 86296587 shows the behavior taking the example of the User Archive editor.
-R, Write protection
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry