Positioning and Power Module for Stepper Motors for ET 200S
The Phytron company is offering a positioning and power module for stepper motors for the ET 200S system. Please note the information below concerning ordering and support.
The 1-STEP-DRIVE-5A-48V module from Phytron is a stepper motor controller with integrated power section for use with the SIMATIC ET 200S distributed I/O system.
The 1-STEP-DRIVE-5A-48V module can be employed with all PROFIBUS and PROFINET interface modules and also with a ET 200S CPU. All current product releases of the IM 151 interface modules are suitable for operation with the 1-STEP-DRIVE.
Suitable GSD files and an HSP are also available.
A list of permitted terminal modules with which the 1-STEP-DRIVE module can be operated can be found in the user manual of the manufacturer.
The module enables the connection of a 2-phase stepper motor in the 200W power range, up to 5A PEAK, with a supply voltage of 24 to 48V DC.
Example function blocks are available for operation with SIMATIC, which the user can download from the Internet address below and modify to his requirements.
The 1-STEP-DRIVE features the following positioning functions:
- Absolute positioning
- Relative positioning
- Reference point approach
- Endles axis: speed mode / frequency output
- Selection of the checkback value
Technical specifications of the integrated power output stage
- Suitable for bipolar control of 2-phase stepper motors in 4,(6) or 8-conductor design (in 4-conductor connection)
- 5A PEAK phase current with adjustable current steps
- Supply voltage of 24 to 48V DC
- Up to 1/512th micro step (physical resolution: approx. 102 400 positions per rotation (0.0035° / step))
- Maximum stepper frequency: 510 000 steps/sec
- 2 digital inputs for end and reference switches
- Diagnostic LEDs (overcurrent, overtemp., drive command or motor runs,...)
- Short circuit proof, overload protection
- Data record transfer for power output stage parameterization and diagnostics during runtime
- Overdrive: Current adaptation for higher clock frequencies
- Boost: Expandable torque during acceleration and braking
- Selectable current controller frequency: 18, 20, 22 or 25 kHz
- Adjustable response in the case of CPU stop
- Feeder systems of assembly lines
- Transfer lines
- Building automation
- Printing machines
- Paper and textile machines
- Positioning on X-Y table
Current information on the module and contact addresses are available on the Internet at: www.phytron.de/1-step-drive
Here you will find the user manual, data sheet, HSP, link to the GSD files, as well as example function blocks for SIMATIC.
Ordering and support:
Please bear in mind that orders for the module must be placed exclusively with Phytron-Elektronik GmbH; the same goes for product support. If you have questions on the module please contact Phytron directly.
Further contact addresses are available on the Internet at: www.phytron.de.
Product responsibility, conditions of use
This SIMATIC update contains among others also Add-On-Products to Siemens Products which are manufactured and distributed by third parties as well as links to their internet pages.
The responsibility for an additional product generally rests with the appropriate product manager.
External companies organize the sale and delivery of their products independently. Their own terms and conditions of business and delivery apply.
Siemens accepts no liability and offers no warranty for the additional products of external companies.
This SIMATIC update contains hyperlinks to the web sites of third party companies. Siemens cannot be held responsible for the contents of these web sites, nor does Siemens adopt these web sites and their contents as their own. You therefore use these links at your own risk. Since Siemens is not responsible for linked contents and information on the web sites of third parties, this information is not checked by Siemens.
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry