Service Pack 1 for STEP 7 V5.5 and STEP 7 Professional Edition 2010
Service Pack 1 (SP1) for STEP 7 V5.5 is now available for free downloading from the Internet (entry ID: 52336451). Alternatively you can purchase a DVD with the SP1 from your Siemens partner. The order no. is: 6ES7810-4CC10-0YA7. NCM S7 for PROFIBUS and Industrial Ethernet are included with the Service Pack 1. Customers with a current Software Update Service agreement for STEP 7 or STEP 7 Professional will receive the corresponding DVD automatically.
The SP1 can be installed directly over the existing STEP 7 V5.5 software. The SP1 can also be used to update the STEP 7 Professional Edition 2010 (see entry ID 52336670 ).
The license for STEP 7 V5.5 will also remain valid with the SP1.
Requirements for the installation of SP1 for STEP 7 V5.5:
- STEP 7 V5.5
- STEP 7 Professional Edition 2010
Supported operating systems:
- MS Windows XP Professional SP2 or SP3
- MS Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 standard edition as workstation computer
- MS Windows 7 32-Bit Ultimate, Professional and Enterprise (Standard installation),
with or w/o SP1. However, the Windows XP mode under Windows 7 is not released.
- MS Windows 7 64-Bit Ultimate, Professional and Enterprise with or w/o SP1
- MS Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 Bit), with or w/o SP1
- It is not possible to update the operating system if STEP 7 is installed already. Before you change the operating system, you should be sure to uninstall STEP 7 as well as possible STEP 7 option packages, and transfer the license key to a USB stick or a floppy disk.
- STEP 7 V5.5 incl. SP1 requires the Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0 or higher for all operating systems.
- More information is available from the readme files
From STEP 7 V5.4 SP2 onwards the license is supplied on a USB stick..
We have summarized all the functional changes and additions introduced with STEP 7 V5.5 and the SP1 in the following brochures:
The SP1 will also update the module library. The list of added modules is attached:
To be able to work with STEP 7 it is sufficient to log in as user (no guest log in). To be able to install the STEP 7 software you require administrator rights. For setting up modules via the application "Set up PG/PC interface" under MS Windows 7 you require additional rights, which are assigned to the user groups "Siemens TIA Engineer" and "Network Configuration Operator". In the case of the option packages the applicable rights of these packages should be noted.
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry