How do you update the hardware catalog in the TIA Portal?
The Hardware Support Packages (HSPs) include the software components for integrating a device with associated firmware versions into the hardware catalog of the TIA Portal. Depending on the version of the TIA Portal the devices are already integrated or are missing.
The HSPs are specific to the versions of the TIA Portal. The version of TIA Portal must correspond at least to the version of the HSP. HSPs have the file name extension ".isp[version number]". The following holds:
- "*.isp14" for TIA Portal V14
- "*.isp13" for TIA Portal V13
- "*.isp12" for TIA Portal V12
- "*.isp11" for TIA Portal V11
Installation der HSPs
You have two options for installing the HSPs.
- Automatic installation of the HSPs
If your configuration computer is connected to the internet, you can also download the HSPs directly from the web using the "TIA Software Updater" and install them in the TIA Portal. Proceed as follows to start the "TIA Software Updater":
- Go to "Start > All Programs > Siemens Automation > Totally Integrated Automation UPDATER".
Select the "Support Packages" tab and click "Find Support Packages". The available HSPs are displayed.
Mark the required packages and click the button "Download and install selected packages".
- Manual installationof the HSPs
Proceed as follows to start manual installation:
- Open the download page with the HSPs in Entry ID: 72341852.
- Select the corresponding download file ("TIA_Portal_V14_HSP.zip", for example) and download the *.zip file.
- Unpack the *.zip file in a directory that you can access in the TIA Portal.
- Open the TIA Portal and go to the Project view.
- Use the menu command "Tools > Support Packages" to open the "Detail Information" dialog.
The "Installation of Support Packages" dialog opens by default and all the installed support packages are displayed.
- Click the "Add from file system" button and navigate to the directory in which you unpacked the *.zip file.
- Mark the required *.isp file (SP_V14_0205_001_ET200SP_IM_PNST_4.1.isp14", for example) and click "Open".
- In the "Detail information" dialog you now see the HSP file for installation. The "Installed" column indicates whether or not the selected HSP has been installed. Select the HSP file as shown in Fig. 01 and click the "Install" button.
- In the TIA Portal a message requesting you to close all instances is displayed. Click "OK". Fig. 2
The display of the message in Fig. 2 depends on the version of the TIA Portal and on the HSP.
- Close all the windows of the TIA Portal except for the "Support Package Installation" dialog. The "Continue" button is then enabled.
- Click "Continue" to start the installation.
- At the end of the installation a message is displayed indicating that the installation has been completed successfully. Click the "Finish" button and restart the TIA Portal.
Your hardware catalog in the TIA Portal has now been updated. If you reopen the "Detailed information" dialog in the TIA Portal, the "Installed" column now indicates "Yes" for the HSP file.
You can no longer delete previously installed HSPs in the TIA Portal.
FAQ update for TIA Portal V14.
HSP file, Module catalog, HW Config, HB update, Hardware configuration, Upgrade