How do you update the hardware catalog in STEP 7 (TIA Portal)?
The following entries include downloads for extending the hardware catalog of your version of STEP 7 (TIA Portal). The downloads contain the software components (Support Packages) needed for the modules and can be transferred to a PC with STEP 7 (TIA Portal) Professional or STEP 7 (TIA Portal) Basic using a memory stick, for example.
- Please go to Entry ID 72341852 to download the Support Packages for STEP 7 (TIA Portal) V12 and V13.
- Please go to Entry ID 54164095 to download the Support Packages for STEP 7 (TIA Portal) V11.
Proceed as follows if you want to use the downloaded Support Packages (HSPs) to update your hardware catalog.
If your configuration computer is connected to the internet, you can also download the Support Packages directly from the net using the Automation Software Updater and install them in STEP 7 (TIA Portal).
In the TIA Portal you open the page with the Support Packages for the hardware catalog and then click the corresponding download icon. Unpack the *.zip file and copy the enclosed *.isp13 files into a directory to which you have access with STEP 7 (TIA Portal) Basic or Professional.
Pay attention to the software requirements specified for each Support Package (for example "for STEP 7 Professional V13" means that at least STEP 7 Professional V13 or a higher Service Pack of the same version must be installed). Hardware Support Packages with the file extension
- "*.isp13" are relevant for STEP 7 (TIA Portal) V13,
- "*.isp12" are relevant for STEP 7 (TIA Portal) V12,
- "*.isp11" are relevant for STEP 7 (TIA Portal) V11.
- Open the TIA Portal and switch to Project View.
- Use the menu command "Tools > Support Packages" to open the "Detailed information" dialog. When this dialog opens, the "Support Package Installation" tab is selected by default and the Support Packages already installed are shown in the right window.
- Click the "Add from file system" button and navigate to the directory in which you have stored the downloaded *.isp13 files.
- Select the required *.isp13 file, for example "HSP_V13_0070_001_ET200SP_ET200SPASiSa_1.0.isp13".
- The HSP file for the installation is now displayed in the "Detailed information" dialog. The "Installed" column still indicates "No" for this HSP. Select the HSP file as shown in Fig. 1 and click on the "Install" button.
- Click "Continue" in the dialog that follows to start the installation.
Note on STEP 7 (TIA Portal) V11
In STEP 7 (TIA Portal) V11 a message requesting you to close all instances appears instead of the dialog shown in Fig. 2. In this case you close all the open windows of the TIA Portal except the Installation window. The "Continue" button is then enabled. Click "Continue" to start the installation.
- At the end of the installation a message is displayed indicating that the installation has been completed successfully. Click the "Finish" button and restart the TIA Portal. Now your hardware catalog in the TIA Portal is up to date. If you reopen the "Detailed information" dialog in the TIA Portal, the "Installed" column now indicates "Yes" for the HSP file.
The screens in this FAQ response were created with STEP 7 (TIA Portal) V13.
HSP file, Module catalog, Hardware configuration, Hardware update, Hardware configuration, Upgrade