Sending and Receiving SMS Messages via a SCALANCE M Router
In areas where no wired transmission medium is available and where setting up a separate wireless network involves excessively high costs, data transmission via SMS using the GSM cellular network is a simple, reliable and cost-effective alternative.
Using a simple SMS-based escalation system, the SIMATIC S7-1200 sends a warning/message to the service personnel via the SCALANCE M874/M876 router. To connect the SIMATIC S7 CPU to the GSM network, the S7 station is connected to the Ethernet interface of the SCALANCE M874/M876 router via TCP/IP.
The following functions are implemented in this application example:
- Sending a message to a service employee
- When a configurable time – during which no acknowledgment SMS message has been received – has elapsed, the message is forwarded to other configurable service employees in an escalations chain.
The following graphic shows the configuration scenario that is implemented in this example.
The following archives contain these SMS functions for older SCALANCE routers.
Sending SMS Messages with an S7 CPU via the UMTS Router SCALANCE M873/ M875 (2,9 MB)
SMS Messaging with S7 CPU via EGPRS Router MD741-1 (285,0 KB)
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry