How do you transfer global libraries from WinCC flexible to WinCC (TIA Portal)?
Information on the topic of libraries:
- Project library
The project library is stored together with the project in which it was created. In this way a project library is migrated automatically to WinCC (TIA Portal) with the project created.
- Global library
The global library is not stored with the created project.
The system library supplied is in the installation directory of WinCC flexible, for example. Own libraries are stored under "Documents and Settings", for example, if the default path is used. In this way a global library is not migrated automatically to WinCC (TIA Portal) with the WinCC flexible configuration.
Proceed as follows to transfer a global WinCC flexible library to WinCC (TIA Portal).
A new MP 277 Touch project was created for this procedure. You can also use an existing WinCC flexible configuration. The operator panel you use must support the objects etc. used in the global library.
When using WinCC (TIA Portal) V15, refer to the information given in Entry ID: 109754931 "When upgrading your TIA Portal project to V15 why do you get an error and the message indicating that the HMI device is not supported?".
1) Brief description
- Open the global library in which the objects are located and which you wish to transfer to WinCC (TIA Portal).
- Insert all the required objects into an existing screen or screens.
- Migrate the WinCC flexible configuration to WinCC (TIA Portal).
- Open the migrated project in WinCC (TIA Portal).
- Open the global library of WinCC (TIA Portal).
- Insert the objects in the screens into the global library of
WinCC (TIA Portal).
2) Description of functions (detailed)
Create a new project
An "MP 277 Touch" configuration was created for this procedure. No other functions or the like are required apart from the default "Home Page".
Open the global library of WinCC flexible
- In the menu bar you select the fifth icon: "Opens a library" (Fig. 01).
- The "Global Library" window opens.
Select the global library
- Select the desired global library in the window.
In this example we have selected the "Graphics" library in the "System Libraries" folder.
- Mark an object in the global library selected (Fig. 03) and drag-and-drop it into the screen that opens (Fig. 04).
Inserted objects (Fig. 04).
- Finally you save the whole configuration.
Migrate the project to WinCC (TIA Portal)
- Open the WinCC (TIA Portal) and migrate the WinCC flexible configuration.
description of how to migrate a WinCC flexible project to WinCC (TIA Portal) is available in the manual
(Entry ID: 109755202) under:
- "Migrate Projects and Programs > Migrate Projects to a TIA_Portal Project > Migrate WinCC flexible Projects,
- the Migration Guide (Entry ID: 77430539),
- the FAQ response about how to migrate WinCC flexible projects integrated in STEP 7
(Entry ID: 54695062)
- or the video about migration (Entry ID 58857225).
Create new global library in WinCC (TIA Portal)
- Open the migrated WinCC (TIA Portal) configuration.
- Open the "Libraries" task card.
- Select the "Global libraries" palette and click the first icon, "Create new global library", to create a new global library (Fig. 05).
- A dialog field opens.
Here you enter a name and the storage path for the global library just created.
The new global library is called "WinCC flexible Objects" in this example.
Copy objects from the screen(s) into the global library
- Open the screen with the objects from the WinCC flexible library.
- Drag-and-drop each object into the global library
"WinCC flexible Objects > Master copies" (Fig. 06).
You can also mark multiple objects and copy them into the global library using drag-and-drop. These are then grouped together as "one" object.
Save the global library
- Click the third icon,
"Save the changes to the library" (Fig. 07).
This completes the migration of a global WinCC flexible library to WinCC (TIA Portal).