Delivery release for innovated ET200S IM151-7 CPU and IM151-7 F-CPU
The innovated ET200S IM151-7 CPU and IM151-7 F-CPU are herewith released for delivery with new order numbers and firmware V3.3. The new V3 ET200S IM151-7 (F) CPUs are spare part compatible with their predecessor versions.
|CPU Name||IM151-7 CPU||IM151-7 F-CPU|
|Memory||128 KByte||192 KByte|
|Size of the retentive memory for retentive data blocks, max.||64 KByte|
|for bit operations, min.||0.06 µs|
|for word operations, min.||0.12 µs|
|for fixed-point arithmetic, min.||0.16 µs|
|for floating-point arithmetic, min.||0.59 µs|
|Process I/O image|
|Default||128 / 128|
|X2||optional PROFIBUS DP master|
|CPU Dimensions (WxHxD mm)||60 x 119.5 x 75|
- Performance increase by up to factor 2 for bit operations and factor 2 to 5 for user program processing
- Increased user memory
- IM151-7 CPU from 96 KByte to 128 KByte
- IM151-7 F-CPU from 128 KByte to 192 KByte
- The new IM151-7 (F) CPU is based on the 314 V3 CPU (6ES7314-1AG14-0AB0)
- Simultaneous monitoring of 2 blocks
- Increase of the visible STL, FBD and LAD rungs (STEP7 V5.5 and higher) in status block (during online monitoring)
- Improved know-how protection for FBs and FCs with S7-Block Privacy (STEP7 V5.5 and higher)
- Harmonization of the technical data
- Adjustable process I/O image, limited by the max. address area
- Data record routing
- 24 V DC connector
The connector enables the supply voltage to be looped without interrupting the supply voltage.
The performance of the new ET200S IM151-7 CPU and IM151-7 F-CPU is significantly higher. In comparison with the previous modules the user programs on the innovated CPUs are processed 2 to 5 times faster, in some cases even more.
Simultaneous monitoring of 2 software blocks
Firmware V3.3 and higher enables simultaneous monitoring of two blocks with the new IM151-7 (F) CPUs. The user can either simultaneously monitor two blocks on one PG or PC, or one block each on two PGs or PCs. The number of program lines that can be monitored in block status with STL, LAD and FBD has also increased. STEP 7 V5.5 or higher is mandatory for this feature.
Harmonization of the technical data
The technical data of the innovated CPUs with firmware V3.3 have been harmonized (already introduced with V3.0 for the S7-300 CPUs). The quantity frameworks of the CPUs have either been matched or increased:
- Same block number band (FC, FB, DB) for all S7-300/ET200 CPUs. Block number bands have increased to S7-400 level.
- Block number band for FCs / FBs: 0 to 7 999
- Block number band for DBs: 1 to 16 000
Please note that the overall no. of FCs, FBs and DBs remains unchanged
- Same local data size
- max. 32 KB per execution level
- max. 2 KB per block
- Same nesting depth per priority class: 16
- Same block size for all S7-300/ET200 CPUs: 64 KB
(except CPU 312: 32 KB)
- Uniform for all S7-300 CPUs: 300 simultaneously active Alarm_S blocks.
- Same no. of time-delay interrupt OBs: OB20 and OB21
- Same no. of time interrupt OBs: OB32, OB33, OB34 and OB35
- Same no. of global data loops for global data communication: 8
- No. of breakpoints increased from 2 to 4
- Diagnostic buffer:
- Size of the diagnostic buffer: always 500 entries, of which the latest 100 entries are retentive
- No. of indicated diagnostic buffer entries in RUN of the CPU can be configured from 10 to 499. The default is 10 entries
Other new functions
- Support of the Power Modules with Status Byte by the IM CPUs
- Extension of the diagnostic buffer entries in the case of problems on the local I/O bus of the IM151-7 (F) CPUs, e.g. indication of the slot no. of the faulty module.
- Extension of the SFC 12 by two new modes for triggering the OB 86 when enabling / disabling PROFIBUS slaves
- Copying of 512 Bytes with SFC 81
- Increase of the user data consistency on the central ES bus to 32 Bytes. This will enable the IO-Link modules and the 1SI modules (6ES7 138-4DF01-0AB0, 6ES7 138-4DF11-0AB0) to be configured with 32 Byte user data with the new IM151-7 (F) CPU.
Compatibility and necessary components
The innovated ET200S IM151-7 CPU and IM151-7 F-CPU will replace the predecessor versions; they are spare part compatible.
The previous CPUs will remain available for ordering for approx. 3 months in parallel with the new CPUs. After that only CPUs with firmware V3.3 or higher will be shipped.
Note: Firmware V3.3 can only execute on the new ET200S IM151-7 CPU and IM151-7 F-CPU and cannot be installed on the predecessor hardware.
|Product name||Order No.||STEP7 & HSP File|
|IM151-7 CPU||6ES7151-7AA21-0AB0||STEP 7 V5.2 + SP1 + HSP219 or higher, or V5.5 + SP1|
In the case of a spare part replacement:
If a CPU (e.g. 6ES7151-7AA20-0AB0) is replaced by a compatible follow-up type (in this case 6ES7151-7AA21-0AB0), the STEP 7 project need not be changed. It is also not necessary to upgrade the STEP 7 software.
|In HardwareConfig||Installed hardware|
When you employ a compatible follow-up type, you can always work with the order no. of the predecessor type in the STEP 7 project.
Configuration with older software versions:
If the new functions are not required, the module can be configured in STEP 7 as predecessor type with the latter's scope of functions. The larger work memory and the improved performance are nevertheless available.
|In HardwareConfig||Installed hardware|
It is not necessary to upgrade the STEP 7 software in this case either.
Configuration with new order no.:
The new CPUs can be configured with STEP 7 version 5.5 SP1 or higher. A HSP file is available for version 5.2 SP1 and higher. The configuration of new CPUs with older STEP 7 versions than V5.2 SP1 is not possible.
In addition to STEP7, the IM151-8F PN/DP CPU requires the option package S7 Distributed Safety V5.4 + SP1 or higher.
SIMATIC Micro Memory Card (required for CPU operation)
The following types can be used:
|Product Name||Order No.|
|SIMATIC Micro Memory Card 64 kB||6ES7953-8LFxx-0AA0|
|SIMATIC Micro Memory Card 128 kB||6ES7953-8LGxx-0AA0|
|SIMATIC Micro Memory Card 512 kB||6ES7953-8LJxx-0AA0|
|SIMATIC Micro Memory Card 2 MB||6ES7953-8LLxx-0AA0|
|SIMATIC Micro Memory Card 4 MB||6ES7953-8LMxx-0AA0|
|SIMATIC Micro Memory Card 8 MB||6ES7953-8LPxx-0AA0|
|Product Name||Previous Order No.||New Order No.|
|Internet for ET200S||http://www.siemens.com/et200s|
|SIMATIC partners at your local Siemens office||Siemens Partners on the Internet|
|Product Name||Entry ID|
|SIMATIC ET 200S Distributed I/O System||1144348|
|SIMATIC Distributed I/Os, ET 200S IM151-7 CPU V3.3 interface module||56046285|
|SIMATIC Distributed I/Os, ET 200S IM 151-7 CPU V2.6 interface module||26092554|
|Operations List S7-300 CPU 31xC, CPU 31x, IM 151-7 CPU, IM 151-8 CPU, IM 154-8 CPU, BM 147-1 CPU, BM 147-2 CPU for firmware <= V2.7||13206730|
|SIMATIC S7-300 Operations List of S7-300-CPUs and ET 200-CPUs for firmware >= V3.0||31977679|