Monitoring and Control of Network Components with a SIMATIC S7-PN CPU with the aid of SNMP
SNMP is a protocol that has established itself due to its modularity and versatility as a standard for the network management. Among the central tasks of a network management are
- monitoring of network components (network-, configuration-, status information and statistic data)
- the control and configuration of network components.
These functions should also be made possible for SIMATIC S7 CPUs.
The diagram below shows a network where the S7 CPU controls different network components.
This application task contains a library with universal SNMP blocks and two application examples for reading and writing of SNMP variables and sending of SNMP traps.
The library "LSnmp" includes the following core blocks:
- "SnmpGet" block for request of a SNMP variable
- "SnmpGetNext" block for request of a sequence of SNMP variables
- "SnmpGetBulk" block for request of SNMP variables in blocks
- "SnmpSet" block for writing of SNMP variables
- "SwitchIO" block for control and request of the digital IO of a SCALANCE W
The use of the SNMP blocks is shown in in detail on two application examples.
- Application example 1 for the reading and writing of SNMP variables.
- Application example 2 for the sending of SNMP traps.
Documentations and Projects
Description of the SNMP library "LSnmp" (802,1 KB)
Block library for TIA V14 SP1 (3,2 MB)
Block library for STEP 7 V5.5 (210,9 KB)
Documentation for Application example 1 (821,3 KB)
Project for Application example 1 (8,5 MB)
Documentation for Application example 2 (1,1 MB)
Project for Application example 2 (TIA V13 SP 1) (5,9 MB)
Project for Application example 2 (Step 7 V5.5) (705,7 KB)
Using a S7-300/400 PLC, the value of an OID element can be max 16383.
Using a S7-1500 PLC, please use "optimized block access".
Add block library for TIA V14 SP1
SNMP, Traps, SINEMA Server V12, TRAP-ID, OID, SNMPv1, SCALANCE W, SCALANCE X