Monitoring and Control of Network Components with a SIMATIC S7-PN CPU with the aid of SNMP
SNMP is a protocol that has established itself due to its modularity and versatility as a standard for the network management. Among the central tasks of a network management are
- monitoring of network components (network-, configuration-, status information and statistic data)
- the control and configuration of network components.
These functions should also be made possible for SIMATIC S7 CPUs.
The diagram below shows a network where the S7 CPU controls different network components.
This application task contains a library with universal SNMP blocks and two application examples for reading and writing of SNMP variables and sending of SNMP traps.
The library "LSnmp" includes the following core blocks:
- "SnmpGet" block for request of a SNMP variable
- "SnmpGetNext" block for request of a sequence of SNMP variables
- "SnmpGetBulk" block for request of SNMP variables in blocks
- "SnmpSet" block for writing of SNMP variables
- "SwitchIO" block for control and request of the digital IO of a SCALANCE W
The use of the SNMP blocks is shown in in detail on two application examples.
- Application example 1 for the reading and writing of SNMP variables.
- Application example 2 for the sending of SNMP traps.
Documentations and Projects
Description of SNMP library "LSnmp" (894,6 KB)
The library "LGF (Library of general functions)" contains additional functions for STEP 7 (TIA Portal).
Among a variety of functions. In this library (entry id: 109479728) is the SNMP libray available.
Using a S7-300/400 PLC, the value of an OID element can be max 16383.
Using a S7-1500 PLC, please use "optimized block access".
Projects and documentations were created with STEP 7 V15.1
SNMP, Traps, SINEMA Server V12, TRAP-ID, OID, SNMPv1, SCALANCE W, SCALANCE X