Querying and Controlling the Digital Output of a SCALANCE W via a SIMATIC Controller and SNMP
The SCALANCE W788-x/W748-x devices of the RJ45 variant have a digital input and output. You can control or query the digital output (DO/1L) and its state via the private MIB tag "snMspsDigitalOutputLevel".
The blocks of the library "LSNMP" enable a SIMATIC S7-1200/1500 CPU as a simple SNMP manager to switch the digital output of the SNMP agent SCALANCE W748-1 RJ45 and to read its state.
The following functions are implemented in the application example:
- Integration of the "LSNMP_Get" and "LSNMP_Set" blocks of the "LSNMP" library into the STEP 7 V16 project.
- Switching the digital output of the IWLAN client with the "LSNMP_Set" library block.
- Query the status of the digital output of the IWLAN client with the "LSNMP_Get" library block.
The following graphic shows the configuration scenario that is implemented in this example.
The blocks of the "LSNMP" library were integrated entirely into the Libraries for Communication for SIMATIC Controllers. You'll find the Libraries for Communication for SIMATIC Controllers in the entry 109780503
A new application example for the "LSNMP" library has been created.
Below you will find the last revision of the "LSNMP" library before the integration into the Libraries for Communication for SIMATIC Controllers.
SNMP, OID, SNMPv1, SCALANCE W
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry