Which license do you need to upgrade from STEP 7 version V5.x, V11, V12 or V13 to the TIA Portal V14?
The table below shows the different licenses needed for a new installation or for updating your version of STEP 7.
No version of STEP 7 installed on your computer.
You can also install a trial license for each product:
|2||You have STEP 7 Professional 2006 or 2010 installed on your computer and you want to upgrade to STEP 7 Professional V14. |
|3||You have STEP 7 Basic V11, V12 or V13 installed on your computer and you want to upgrade to STEP 7 Basic V14. |
|4||You have STEP 7 Professional V11, V12 or V13 installed on your computer and you want to upgrade to STEP 7 Professional V14. |
|5||You have STEP 7 V5.4 or V5.5 installed on your computer and you want to upgrade to STEP 7 Professional V14. |
|6||You have STEP 7 Basic V14 installed on your computer and you want to change to STEP 7 Professional V14. |
|7||You have STEP 7 Professional 2010/V11, 2010/V12 or 2010/V13 installed on your computer and you want to upgrade to STEP 7 Professional 2010/V14. |
The table below shows the features of the different license keys that you can order and install.
|Single License||Unlimited use on any one computer|
|Floating License||Unlimited use on any one computer or via the network|
|Rental License||Limited use as stipulated in the rental contract|
|Trial License||Limited use (max. 21 days) for tests and for validating (with disclaimer)|
|Upgrade License||With an Upgrade License you can convert a license for an earlier version x to a license for version >x+...|
You can also install the following products in parallel to STEP 7 Professional / Basic V14: STEP 7 V11 SP2, STEP 7 V12 SP1, STEP 7 V13 SP1, STEP 7V5.5 SP4, STEP 7 Micro/WIN V4.0 SP9, WinCC flexible 2008 SP3, WinCC V7.3 Update 6, WinCC V7.3 Update 8 and WinCC V7.4.
- If you want to process STEP 7 Professional / Basic projects created in earlier versions in TIA Portal V14, you first have to save and compile them in TIA Portal V13+SP1. More information is available in Entry ID: 109476392.
- With a Full License for STEP 7 Professional / Basic V14 you cannot operate STEP 7 V5.4/V5.5 or STEP 7 Professional 2006/2010.
Proceed as follows to upgrade a License Key:
- Open the Automation License Manager and select "View > Administration".
- Transfer the Upgrade License Key to the hard disk on which you want to do the upgrade.
- Also transfer the License Key of the previous version to the hard disk if the license is not yet located on your computer.
- Select the storage location in the navigation area where the license key to be upgraded is located (previous version).
- In the Object area you select the license key that is to be upgraded.
- Execute the menu command "License Key > Upgrade...". The upgrade is now made.
TIA Selection Tool
Further information is also available in the TIA Selection Tool (http://www.siemens.com/tia-selection-tool). Using the Totally Integrated Automation Selection Tool (TIA Selection Tool) you can select, configure and order devices for Totally Integrated Automation. The TIA Selection Tool provides you with wizards for selecting the required devices, Station Configuration Editors for selecting modules and accessories and for testing proper functioning.
More information about the difference between authorizations and licenses is available in Entry ID: 19020864
The screen in this FAQ was created with ALM V5.3 + SP3.