Which license do you need to upgrade from STEP 7 version V5.x, V11, V12 or V13 to the TIA Portal V14?
The table below shows you the different licenses needed for a new installation or for updating your version of STEP 7.You can order the licenses using the specified article numbers or download them via the OSD (Online Software Delivery).
If you do not yet have a version of STEP 7 installed on your computer, you need the floating license for STEP 7 Professional / Basic V14.
You can also install a trial license for each product:
You have STEP 7 Professional 2006 or 2010 installed on your computer and you want to upgrade to STEP 7 Professional V14. Here you need the upgrade with the combo floating license.
You have STEP 7 Basic V11, V12 or V13 installed on your computer and you want to upgrade to STEP 7 Basic V14. Here you need the floating license.
You have STEP 7 Professional V11, V12 or V13 installed on your computer and you want to upgrade to STEP 7 Professional V14. Here you need the upgrade with the combo floating license.
You have STEP 7 V5.4 or V5.5 installed on your computer and you want to upgrade to STEP 7 Professional V14. Here you need the PowerPack & Upgrade with the combo floating license.
You have STEP 7 Basic V14 installed on your computer and you want to change to STEP 7 Professional V14. Here you need the PowerPack with the floating license
You have STEP 7 Professional 2010/V11, 2010/V12 or 2010/V13 installed on your computer and you want to upgrade to STEP 7 Professional 2010/V14. Here you need the combo floating license.
The table below shows the features of the different license keys that you can order and install.
|Single License||Unlimited use on any one computer|
|Floating License||Unlimited use on any one computer or via the network|
|Rental License||Limited use as stipulated in the rental contract|
|Trial License||Limited use (max. 21 days) for tests and for validating (with disclaimer)|
|Combo Floating License||Unlimited use on any one computer for selectable utilization of STEP 7 (TIA Portal) and STEP 7 V5.x.|
|PowerPack License||Unlimited use on any one computer for product changeover from STEP 7 Basic V14 / STEP 7 V5.x to STEP 7 Professional V14.|
|Upgrade License||With an Upgrade License you can convert a license for an earlier version x to a license for version >x+...|
Proceed as follows to upgrade a License Key:
- Open the Automation License Manager and select "View > Administration".
- Transfer the Upgrade License Key to the hard disk on which you want to do the upgrade.
- Also transfer the License Key of the previous version to the hard disk if the license is not yet located on your computer.
- Select the storage location in the navigation area where the license key to be upgraded is located (previous version).
- In the Object area you select the license key that is to be upgraded.
- Execute the menu command "License Key > Upgrade...". The upgrade is now made.
TIA Selection Tool
Further information is also available in the TIA Selection Tool (http://www.siemens.com/tia-selection-tool). Using the Totally Integrated Automation Selection Tool (TIA Selection Tool) you can select, configure and order devices for Totally Integrated Automation. The TIA Selection Tool provides you with wizards for selecting the required devices, Station Configuration Editors for selecting modules and accessories and for testing proper functioning.
Software Update Service (SUS)
By ordering the Software Update Service you are always automatically up to date, which brings you the following advantages. The requirement is the latest version of a valid software license.
- For one year you receive all the upgrades and service packs of your SIMATIC software product delivered free of charge.
- The upgrades and service packs are available to you immediately after delivery release.
- You receive the software automatically either by mail or you are informed of the update via e-mail.
Information about this is available here: Software Update Service – Always up to date.
More information is available under:
- Difference between authorizations and license keys
- Delivery release of SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional / Basic V14
The screen in this FAQ response was created with ALM V5.3 + SP3.