Inter-Station Communication between S7-1200 Stations Using TCSB V3.1 via CP 1242-7 V2 (Set 31)
The infrastructure of a sewage treatment plant contains two S7-1200 substations. TeleControl Server Basic V3.1 in the master station allows inter-station communication between the two substations. The TCSB V3.1’s counterpart is the CP 1242-7 V2 included in each substation. Communication takes place via the cellular network and the Internet.
The following functions are implemented in this application example:
- The “Inspection Shaft” station (Station 1) cyclically requests data from the “Stormwater Overflow” station (Station 2).
- The “Stormwater Overflow” station sends data to the “Inspection Shaft” station on an “event-triggered” basis.
- The master station monitors the status of the connected substations.
- TeleControl Server Basic V3.1 enables economic data communication between the remote stations.
- GPRS and Internet: Always-on functionality.
- In the event of a connection failure, the CPs buffer the data; when the connection is restored, they transfer the aggregated data to the TeleControl Server.
Project TIA-Portal V13 (9,8 MB)
Data communication between S7-1200 stations and TeleControl Server Basic V3 via CP 1242-7 V2 and
Wireless signaling and switching via SMS with S7-1200 Controllers
Teleservice of a S7-1200 with Telecontrol Server Basic
Migration to TIA-Portal V15 and TCSB V3.1