Printing with SIMATIC Comfort Panels
Function-tested printers are available for SIMATIC Comfort Panels. This ensures that the printers are compatible with the SIMATIC Comfort Panel in use.
Because of the manufacturer-specific, high innovation cycles of the printers, the following problems arise for the user:
- Availability of the shared printers. Can the printers still be purchased from retailers?
- Spare parts supply. How long can spare parts be purchased for the printer type?
For this reason, we recommend the following alternatives for printing fault messages and screen contents.
- Output to a file in PDF format
- Output to a file in HMTL format
- Using a network printer
- Use of a PostScript printer. (The use of a PostScript printer is possible, but should be replaced by one of the previously mentioned methods).
The various printer drivers are made available via the "ProSave" software and transferred to the Operator Panel.
The application example describes…
- the steps to install the printer drivers.
- the functions of the printer drivers.
- all necessary settings on the Operator Panel.
Furthermore, a typical use case is utilized to show you how to
- print fault messages in a report.
- print fault messages.
Printers for SIMATIC Comfort Panels
Update for TIA Portal V16
output, printer, printing files, printing reports, print reports, logging, print fault messages, print fault messages, message buffer logging, screenshot, print screenshot.
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry