What are the differences between the licensed version and the downloadable demo version of the blocks for Modbus/TCP?
The following entries provide a demo version of the S7 OpenModbusTCP software for connecting a SIMATIC controller to systems of different manufacturers.
- SIMATIC Modbus/TCP CP:103474603
- SIMATIC Modbus/TCP CP Red: 109739221
- SIMATIC Modbus/TCP PN CPU: 103473853
- SIMATIC Modbus/TCP PN CPU Redundant: 103475102
- SIMATIC Modbus/TCP Red V2: 103474646
- SIMATIC Modbus/TCP SENTRON PAC: 103474714
The downloadable demo version has no function or time restrictions. Modbus communication can also run without a valid license.
If the Modbus blocks are not licensed, the INTF LED or SF LED of the CPU flashes. In addition, messages are entered cyclically in the diagnostics buffer of the CPU and the status value A090 (hex) is output on the Modbus block in the user program.