Signaling and Switching via SMS with S7-1200 and CP 1242-7 GPRS V2
In areas where no wired transmission medium is available and where setting up a separate wireless network involves excessively high costs, data transmission via SMS using the GSM cellular network is a simple, reliable and cost-effective alternative.
A beverage vending machine shall serve as an exemplary area of application. The vending machine regularly checks the following:
- the filling level of the coin box
- the cooling system temperature.
- any unauthorized opening of the front door
The vending machine reacts to certain events such as limit values being exceeded and informs the maintenance staff.
The following functions are realized in this application example:
- Sending an SMS to one parameterizable phone number,
- Sending a message to several subscribers (broadcast),
- Sending a message with acknowledgment by one of the configured recipients of the message (escalation),
- Receiving messages.
Depending on the message text,
requested values are read out of the controller and sent to a mobile phone,
received commands are executed in the controller and a confirmation/error message is sent to the mobile phone.
The solution presented here offers the following advantages:
- The “SndSms”, “RcvSms”, “BroadcastSms”, “EscalationSMS” and “SetGet” user blocks provide you with immediately usable functions for your applications.
- The user blocks can also be used for the CP 1243-7 LTE.
Documentation (2,2 MB)
Project TIA Portal V15.1 Update 2 (7,7 MB)
Project TIA Portal V13 (12,3 MB)
Wireless signaling and switching via SMS with S7-1200 Controllers (CP 1242-7 V1) (4.4 MB)
Data communication between S7-1200 stations and TeleControl Server Basic V3 via CP 1242-7 V2 and CP 1243-1
Inter-Station Communication between S7-1200 Stations Using TCSB V3 via CP 1242-7 V2
Teleservice of a S7-1200 with Telecontrol Server Basic
Wireless signaling and switching via SMS with serial CPs/CMs and the MD720-3 GPRS/GSM modem
Sending and Receiving SMS Messages via a SCALANCE M Router
Migration to TIA Portal V15.1 Update 2
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry