Sequential Muting of a Light Curtain with S7-1500
So-called “muting” is used to distinguish if the protective field is violated by the transport of workpieces or by other reasons. Muting is the intentional suppression of the protective function of light curtains
- the light curtain is “muted” temporarily. For this purpose, muting sensors are installed on both sides of the light curtain which determine in which cases to activate muting. This allows transporting workpieces out of the work area without interrupting the production flow and at the same time monitoring access to the hazard area.
Figure 2 schematically shows the most important components of the application example:
- SIMATIC F-CPU (IO controller)
- Distributed I/O SIMATIC ET 200SP (IO device) with DI, DQ, F-DI, F-DQ
- SICK safety light curtain
- SICK photoelectric retro-reflective sensors as muting sensors
Documentation and example project
Documentation (1,3 MB)
Example project for TIA Portal V13 SP1 (18,3 MB)
Library "LMutS" V2.0.1 for TIA Portal V13 SP1 (1,4 MB)
Evaluation of the safety functions as SET project (11,7 KB)
Bug fix on output "freeReq"
Safety Advanced, light curtain