Integration SIMOCODE pro V with a Fail-safe Digital Module in SIMATIC PCS 7
Process industry often uses procedures that work with high pressures or temperatures.. The processed materials are often hazardous to people’s health or can destroy the environment when released.
In many cases a safety system is used if there is an intolerable risk for people or the environment. The safety system has the task to stop the process when a critical status is reached and to prevent an emission of hazardous materials. Blocking systems must be safely closed and supply units (pumps, ventilation systems, conveyor units) must be safely de-energized.
This application example shows how a motor in connection with the process control system and a safety system is to be safely shut down safely in compliance with the requirements for SIL 2 and SIL 3 (SIL – Safety Integrity Level, standard: IEC 61508/IEC 62061). The flexible motor management system SIMOCODE pro V with the DM-F PROFIsafe module is used as a drive here.
The solution presented in this document provides you the following benefits:
- Safety-oriented shut-down of a load by SIMOCODE pro V with DM-F PROFIsafe
- uniting operational and fail-safe shut-down in the motor management system without any additional effort
- broad scope of application with the safety integration level (IEC 61508) up to SIL 3
- functions for a contactor monitoring in the SIMOCODE pro V modules
- transmission of meaningful diagnose information to the AS and display in the OS
- reduction of space needed for the installation in the control cabinet, since only a limited number of devices are used
- standardized integration of the motor branch circuit and reduction of the wiring thanks to an integrated PROFIBUS DP interface
In the enclosed demo project you will find the following functions realized, wich you can use as template in your own projects for safing engineering time:
- Hardware configuration with FH-CPU and SIMOCODE pro V DM-F PROFIsafe (PDM)
- AS program with fail safe part and MOS function (Maintenance Override Switch) for testing and maintenance
- OS project
|Motor management SIMOCODE pro||Motor Management and Control Devices SIMOCODE pro 3UF|
|SIMATIC Process Control System PCS 7 Compendium Part B – Process Safety||Entry ID: 35016980|