Email Notification with SIMATIC WinCC Runtime Professional
A machine/plant with WinCC Runtime Professional that is to be integrated into the company network or connected to the internet is to automatically send an email with the required information to the responsible and available member of staff in the case of certain events (e.g. an alarm has been triggered). Since a continuous monitoring of the SCADA system is not guaranteed, an email is to be sent. It is to be possible to specify different recipients for different alarms or messages. The different shifts shall be considered here as well.
The application example shows the following application options for sending emails.
- Manual sending of an email with a fixed recipient address
- Automatic sending of an email for HMI messages with shift-dependent recipient address
The application on hand offers the following advantages:
- You are using a standardized means of communication via email notification. Messages can therefore be sent to all email clients, e.g. also to smartphones.
- You are increasing safety by being able to quickly responding to the event, even if the machine operator is not present.
- An email notification sends information directly to the department, e.g. sales or workshop. The required activities can be implemented instantly since the necessary information is immediately available and does not need to be read on the SCADA system first.
- You can change the email addresses directly on the SCADA system and save it reliably via the persistent management. This makes you flexible and protects you from data loss.
- With our extensive templates you reduce the configuration phase for email notifications to a minimum.
|Content of Downloads||
The documentation provides all necessary configuration steps to reproduce the application
The zip file contains the sample project and the necessary script and user interface
Update (WinCC V13 SP1, SSL)
SMTP server, SMTP client, alarm, fault message, email