Fluidized Bed Dryer - Design of Model Predictive Control with Economical Steady State Optimization
This application note is an extension of the application note "Multivariable Model Predictive Control – the Distillation Column as an Application Example" (ID: 37361208), containing basic information how to apply the MPC.
The application example considered here shows an MPC with two manipulated -, two controlled - and three measurable disturbance variables in combination with a simulated process of a fluidized bed dryer.
Main Contents of this Application Note
The following issues are discussed in this application note:
- Automatic process excitation to generate identification data, using the new function block "AutoExcitation"
- Using prior knowledge for model generation in new MPC configurator
- Robust controller design considering model quality
- Generation of reports on controller design
- Application of steady state working point optimization integrated in "ModPreCon"-function block to minimize energy consumption while keeping product quality within constraints
- Simulation example fluidized bed dryer
This entry was created with SIMATIC PCS 7 V8.0, the procedure is valid for PCS 7 V8.1 and higher versions.
Documentation (1,7 MB)