Configuration of Messages and Alarms in WinCC (TIA Portal)
During the operation of a machine or a plant it is indispensable displaying information about operting states, errors and individual processes states on an HMI device.
The WinCC (TIA Portal) alarm system offers a wide range of alarm types which match for those use cases.
The aim of this application note is to explain the advantages of the alarm system and the differences of the alarm types, helping you to make the decision for the one suiting your automation task the best.
The application provides you with:
- An overview of the different alarm types in WinCC (TIA Portal)
- Detailed configuration instructions for the different kinds of alarms in WinCC (TIA Portal)
- By Supporting you in selecting the adequate alarm type for your application and hardware you save time
- The step by step configuration instructions help you quickly to build up Know how and saving engineering time
Messages and Alarms in WinCC (TIA Portal) and S7-300/400 (3,7 MB)
Messages and Alarms in WinCC (TIA Portal) and S7-1200/1500 (2,8 MB)
Trainings for WinCC (TIA Portal) and Panels near you
SITRAIN basic training: 109758624
SITRAIN advanced training: 109758626
08/2017: Added documentation "Messages and Alarms in WinCC (TIA Portal) and S7-1500".
04/2018: Documentation supplemented by the S7-1200 controller family.
Advanced, Professional, Basic, Comfort, Panels, HMI, Alarm, Diagnostic, Message, Configuring, Engineering
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry