How do you speed up the opening of the "Onscreen Keyboard" with SIMATIC IPCs?
This behavior can occur in the operating systems below.
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 7
You have various options for clearing the behavior described.
- Follow the instructions given under "Slow Reaction of Onscreen Keyboard and SmartServer" in the system manual
A link is given below:
Notes on operation in Runtime
- Configure a valid proxy server.
- Disable automatic configuration of the local network.
How to configure a valid proxy server is described in the instructions below.
|1||Start the SIMATIC IPC.|
|2||Log on with administrator rights in Windows.|
|3||Click the "Start" button and enter "cmd" in the search field.|
As a result the input prompt icon is displayed entitled "cmd".
|4||Right-click "cmd" and select "Run as administrator".|
If a message concerning user account control is displayed, acknowledge the message by clicking "OK".
|5||Enter the following command in the input prompt: |
netsh winhttp set proxy proxy-server
|6||Restart the SIMATIC IPC.|
How to disable automatic configuration of the local network is described in the instructions below.
|1||Open the internet options > Connections > LAN settings.|
|2||Disable the "Automatically detect settings" function|
|3||Restart the SIMATIC IPC.|
Onscreen keyboard, Keyboard
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry