IMCEA Drivers V2.0 for SIMATIC IPCs
The IMCEA drivers V2.0 for Windows now enable direct hardware access to SIMATIC IPCs also under Windows 7 64-Bit and Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-Bit).
The drivers enable Windows appliations to access physical I/O resources (memory mapped I/Os, port-based I/Os and interrupts) with the help of (low-level) access functions. Based on these driver functions, the IMCEA API provides simplified access to the SIMATIC IPC hardware. For the PC IO of the Microbox PC the PC IO API offers special functions that are designed for the features of the PC IO basic module and the matching I/O modules.
The WINDOWS IMCEA driver package includes three driver versions:
- WINDOWS IMCEA (PnP, 32 Bit): PlugAndPlay driver for Windows XP, Windows Embedded Standard 2009, Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows Embedded Standard 7 (32-Bit version of the operating systems)
- WINDOWS IMCEA (nPnP, 32 Bit): Non-PlugAndPlay driver for Windows XP, Windows Embedded Standard 2009, Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows Embedded Standard 7 (32-Bit version of the operating systems)
- WINDOWS IMCEA (nPnP, 64 Bit): Non-PlugAndPlay driver for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 Ultimate (64-Bit version of the operating systems)
To be able to use the PlugAndPlay version of the driver your computer must have a PCI-/PCIe Bus or a PCI-104/PC104+ interface. The installation file included in the driver package for a PlugAndPlay driver supports the PC IO central I/O expansion for the SIMATIC IPC427C Microbox PC, consisting of the components:
- PC IO BASE 400
- PC IO MOD DIGITAL 010
- PC IO MOD ANALOG 020
as well as the IO version of the SIMATIC IPC227D Nanobox PC .
The driver package includes application examples for the use of the non-PlugAndPlay driver and the PlugAndPlay driver:
- Non-PlugAndPlay driver: application example for the control of the onboard LEDs and onboard SRAM on the SIMATIC IPC427C Microbox PC (32-Bit variant) and SIMATIC IPC627C Box PC (32-Bit and 64-Bit variant).
- PlugAndPlay driver: application examples (32-Bit variants) for controlling the components of the PC IO central I/O expansion for the SIMATIC IPC427C Microbox PC. Two programming examples demonstrate the access to the analog and digital PC IO MOD modules incl. interrupt operation with the help of the PC IO APIs, as well as the evaluation of a transducer connected to the PC IO BASE module using the IMCEA API.
The WINDOWS IMCEA driver can be employed under the following Microsoft operating systems:
- Windows XP
- Windows Embedded Standard 2009 (32 Bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 Bit)
- Windows Embedded Standard 7 (32 Bit)
- Windows 7 Ultimate (32 and 64 Bit)
Supported PC Systems
The following SIMATIC IPCs are supported by the IMCEA driver V2.0:
- SIMATIC IPC227D (Nanobox PC)
- SIMATIC IPC427C (Microbox PC)
- SIMATIC IPC627C and IPC827C (Box PC)
- SIMATIC IPC647C, IPC847C and IPC547D (Rack PC)
- SIMATIC IPC277D, IPC477C, IPC577C, IPC677C (Panel PC)
- PC IO central I/O expansion for SIMATIC IPC427C
Instructions for the installation are provided in the Programming Manual.
|Installation Instructions / Programming Manual (German)|
|Installation Instructions / Programming Manual (English)||
Programming_Manual_WINDOWS_IMCEA_Driver.pdf ( 716 KB )
To obtain the driver package IMCEA driver V2.0 incl. the Programming Manuals in German and English please contact our Technical Support under: