SINAMICS V: Speed Control of a V20 with S7-1200 (TIA Portal) via USS® protocol/MODBUS RTU with HMI
The SINAMICS V20 is compactly designed and can be adjusted individually to the requirements of the application as well as the demands of the users via various options (such as external BOP, connecting cables, filters, brake resistors, shielding, ...). The compact and robust devices are tailored for the operation of pumps, fans, compressors and conveyor systems, as well as for simple drive tasks in the processing and production industry.
- Cyclic write/read access of a SIMATIC S7-1200 to selected SINAMICS V20 process/control data whose transmission is supported by a STEP 7 system instruction.
- Acyclic write/read access of a SIMATIC S7-1200 to selected SINAMICS V20 data that is exchanged via parameter accesses via STEP 7 system instruction.
- Connections of up to 64 drives are possible.
- Cyclic write/read access of a SIMATIC S7-1200 to selected SINAMICS V20 process/control data that can be triggered via a STEP 7 system instruction via MODBUS register numbers.
- Acyclic write/read access of a SIMATIC S7-1200 to all SINAMICS V20 data that can be triggered via a STEP 7 system instruction via MODBUS register numbers.
- Connection of up to 128 drives possible (with repeaters, expansion to 988 drives possible).
The above tasks are supported by a simulated KTP600 operator panel in PG/PC so that you can control the drives via their control word bits, specify speed setpoint values, monitor status bits and read out actual speed values. You can furthermore conveniently read out and change a number of inverter data and parameters.
Via up to threecommunication modulesCM1241 added to the SIMATIC S7-1200 and one communication board CB1241, a USS®or MODBUS communication can be established to SINAMICS V20 drives.
- Per port up to 16 drives can be operated.
The user function blocks use the STEP7 system instructions USS_PORT, USS_DRV, USS_RPM and USS_WPM.
- Per port up to 32 drives can be operated (with repeaters up to 247). The user function blocks use the STEP7 system instructions MB_COMM_LOAD and MB_MASTER.
The application example includes - separately for USS® and MODBUS -
- an application description
that describes the functionality, structure, commissioning, operation, block description and expansion options (increasing the number of drives) of the respective example in detail.
- a short documentation
with focus on the functionality and the STEP 7 blocks as a help for the software configuration.
- the STEP 7 sample project
that you can set up straight away and commission even without motor if a SINAMICS V20 and a S7-1200 with communication module are available.
- a STEP 7 block library
with the user FBs for the integration in your own projects.
Additional information's about the control of the SINAMICS V20 with USS protocol are include in the example 90468030.
TIA V15 included