Announcement of discontinuation for MCIS TPM
With immediate effect, the discontinuation of MCIS TPM is announced. This product will no be longer updated. Unfortunately, the release of Hotfix TPM2.1 HF4 scheduled for October 2012 has been postponed. As soon as a new date has been fixed, this will be announced in a ProdIS Info. The existing product MCIS TPM will be replaced by SINUMERIK Integrate Manage MyMaintenance in 2014.
Regarding project management, we recommend that you proceed as follows:
- Remains unchanged
Up to 2014
SINUMERIK Operate with VNC Viewer and TPM on an additional PCU:
- The existing MCIS products are installed on an additional PCU 50:
- TDI (new: Manage MyTools)
- DNC (new: Manage MyPrograms)
- TPM (new: Manage MyMaintenance)
- MDA (new: Analyze MyPerformance)
- The Windows XP SP3 operating system is required on the PCU
- Via the VNC Viewer, SINUMERIK Operate is connected to the PCU 50 and the relevant MCIS application is displayed remotely as necessery.
- If SINUMERIK Operate is installed on a PCU50, another PCU50 is nevertheless required to install the MCIS!
- This only applies until the corresponding functionality is provided for SINUMERIK Operate!
- EPS Network Services (new: Access MyMachine/ethernet) and Remote Step7 (new: Access MyMachine/step7) can still be used when using a PCU 50 (as before) (without VNC Viewer).
If SINUMERIK Operate has been installed on a PCU50, another PCU50 is nevertheless required to install the MCIS!