Creation of report templates for the Information Server based on Process Historian data in the WinCC and PCS 7 Environment
Historic data from the company is a key to increase productivity. In order to make this enormous amount of data accessible for plant optimization, a powerful archive and report system is required.
The following requirements should be fulfilled:
- availability and security of data
- aggregation of information that is relevant to process control due to cross-company production report systems
- central archiving of process data, tags, alarms and batch data from SIMATIC BATCH in realtime and without requiring additional energy as well as seamless, long-term and reliable data capture
- identification and memorizing added and modified data as audit trail information
- task-specific reporting and visualization of data
- powerful data export to Microsoft Excel
- flexible creating and adjusting report templates
- standard reporting systems, in order to be able to use already available expert knowledge
This application describes the basics and the principle of operation of the Process Historian (PH) and of the Information Server (IS). It will be explained in detail how you can create individual reports in order to be able to read out data promptly from the Process Historian database. Furthermore, you will learn how to work with the Process Historian database.
Core contents of this application example:
- explanation of the basics and of the function principle of the Process Historian
- description of the Report Builder (tool for creating reports)
- correct working with the PH database
- explanation of the Stored Procedures of the Process Historian
- prepared and described report templates for download
The Process Historian (PH) and Information Server (IS) have, among others, the following functionalities and benefits:
- All OS process data is promptly available in the process historian.
- Batch archives of SIMATIC BATCH are saved natively in the process historian.
- PH also supports single stations.
- PH supports several PCS 7 / WinCC projects in parallel.
- Easy access to historic process data via web and office applications.
- Widely used standard reporting system that is adjusted to PCS 7 / WinCC reporting incl. standard reporting templates.
- PH can be easily integrated into existing IT infrastructures and web portals.
- Large volumes of process data can be prepared and displayed in reports across projects.
- With WinCC Trend and Alarm Control data from PH can also be displayed on the OS Runtime level.
- With OPC HDA / "H A&E" PH data can be accessed.
- Backup/restore function on external data carriers.
- To check the validity and compatibility, please refer to the information in the following summary table:
Published_Reports_Summary_Table.xlsx (17,3 KB)
- For more information on validity, check the documentation of the report templates
Complete package of all templates with documentation
Complete package of all templates with documentation (420,2 MB)
Create an IS report, that contains an OS screenshot
Documentation (1,6 MB)
Creation of report templates with the Report Designer (Visual Studio)
Documentation (2,8 MB)
Report template: APF with WinCC User Archives in the PCS 7 environment
Documentation (2,1 MB)
Report template: Analysis of APL PID controller characteristics
Prepared report templates (9,0 KB)
Report template: Advanced message reports
Documentation (1,9 MB)
Prepared report templates (26,1 KB)
Report template: Creation of a report with logon and logoff information for PCS7 OS
Documentation (1,0 MB)
Prepared report templates (6,2 KB)
Report template: Frequently filtered entry lists
Documentation (987,0 KB)
Prepared report templates (7,9 KB)
Report template: Valve switching
Prepared report templates (14,0 KB) (14,3 KB)
Report template: APL Symbolblock note report
Documentation (2,1 MB)
Prepared report templates (13,0 KB)
Report template: Configurable trend report for variable intervals
Documentation (1,4 MB)
Prepared report templates (4,9 KB)
Report template: Aggregation of variables
Documentation (2 MB)
Prepared report templates (14,7 KB)
Report template: Reading-out aggregated tables of the Process Historian
Documentation (1017,8 KB)
Prepared report templates (7,0 KB)
Report template: Advanced Tablix Report
Documentation (1,5 MB)
Prepared report templates (28,0 KB)
Report template: Generation of report templates for diverse SFC types
Documentation (1,3 MB)
Prepared report templates (27,0 KB)
Exemplary project (363,2 MB)
Report template: Recording of motor runtimes
Documentation (857,7 KB)
Prepared report template (5,3 KB)
Report template: Trend for two variables with secondary Y-axis
Documentation (945,1 KB)
Prepared report template (5,7 KB)
Report template: Output of messages with SIMATIC BATCH names
Documentation (706,9 KB)
Prepared report template (8,7 KB)
Report template: Usage of report templates for alarm statistics
Documentation (1,2 MB)
Prepared report templates (41,8 KB) (57,1 KB)
Report template: Dashboard report for the information server
Documentation (1,7 MB)
Prepared report templates (46,6 KB)
Report template: Tabular SIMATIC BATCH report for the information server
Documentation (1,4 MB)
Prepared report templates (22,5 KB)
SIMATIC Process Control System PCS 7 Readme V9.0 (Online)
WinCC V7.4 SP1: General information and installation
SIMATIC Process Historian 2014 SP3
SIMATIC Information Server 2014 SP2
Installation, Operation and Maintenance of PH/IS in a PCS 7 environment
The report template "Displaying of commented messages" was added.
The "Complete package of all templates with documentation" includes the newly added report template.