How do you efficiently collect diagnostics and system information with the SIMATIC Assessment Suite - Data Collector (SAS-DC)?
You can collect diagnostics and system information from a local system or from systems in the network. This diagnostics and system information is stored in system-specific archives.
Scope of functions
- Collection of diagnostics and system information from systems
- Archiving of collected data in ZIP format, sorted by system
- System-specific configuration of the data to be collected via a configurator (Settings Manager)
- Saving of settings in a configuration file
- Rapid collection of a large amount of diagnostics and system information
- "One click" collection. This eliminates time-consuming manual collection of diagnostics and system information per system.
- No installation necessary
- Set configurations can be saved and used again
- Configurations can be forwarded
- Diagnostics and system information of all configured systems is available centrally on one computer after one run
- Can run on standard Windows operating systems
- .NET Framework 3.5 or higher is installed on the systems concerned
NET Framework is not part of a standard installation of Windows 10. For information to install the framework on your computer, see 109745988
Download the "SAS-DC_2019_1.zip" file from this page to your system and unpack it in a folder of your choice, "D:\Diagnose", for example.
Data collection from the local system
Data collection from multiple systems via the network
Downloads for current version
To ensure that the required diagnostics files are complete you should also download the latest reference lists given below.
Step-by-step instructions for a quick start
quickstartguide.pdf (374.7 KB)
Reference lists (as at: 2020-02)
To ensure that the required diagnostics files are complete, the reference lists are made available immediately. Download the files and replace the existing files in the subfolder "...\bin" des SAS-DC.
diagsets.xml (60,0 KB)
localall.xml (60,2 KB)
Predefined configuration file for STARTER and SCOUT (status: 2018-12)
scout_starter.xml (14,5 KB)
Note on McAfee Application Control
When using McAfee Application Control, the participating systems must be in Update mode.
This can be run from the central McAfee Server (ePO).
For configurations without a central server you have to make changes on the participating systems. For this, please get in touch with Technical Support
- What diagnostics options are available for WinCC and PCS 7 OS? 48698507
- Which user authorizations do you need to be able to collect hardware information with the SAS-DC (SIMATIC Assessment Suite - Data Collector)? 109763454
- How do you collect device and diagnostic information of different components with the SAS-DC? 109485717
The following files are no longer updated because the corresponding Microsoft operating systems are no longer updated.
- MS Windows 2000 Server
- MS Windows 2003 Server
- MS Windows XP < SP3
- MS Windows XP SP3 incl. .Net Framework >= 2.0
Data Collector V2011
Download the "SDT2011_3.zip" file from this page to your Engineering Station and unpack the file in a folder of your choice, "D:\SDT", for example. For decoding use the password "12345678"
Packed version of the data collector (3.9 MB)
SHA-256 checksum: F2366CBDFA45C2CF5CB9FF78B7D585BBB6B3DA368B0647F20E09BCE3C6986EE9
Download the "general-configs.zip" file from this page to your Engineering Station and unpack it in a folder of your choice, "D:\SDT", for example.
Configuration files for local and remote stations (1.3 KB)
Instructions for the basic configuration of the data collector
basic_config_sdt_en.pdf (379.4 KB)
44029135, Log files, Log file, Diagnostics data, Hotline request, WinCC, PCS 7, Analysis, Troubleshooting, Diagnostics file, SIMATIC Diagnostics Tool, Diagnostics tool, Diag, SDT, SDT2014_3, SDT2015_1, Data Collector, SIMATIC Assessment Suite
- You have a technical question / problem: Ask the Technical Support
- You want to discuss in our forum and exchange experiences with other users
- You want to create CAx data for one or more products
- You would like to send us feedback on this Entry